Acer Aspire L5100 BIOS problems

Spoonablehippo

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys.

I've been given an Acer Aspire L5100 which I plan on using as a media PC (It's tiny with a slot loading DVD, SPDIF & HDMI output & smaller than a Xbox 360 slim)

But I need to up the RAM to 4GB, (currently 2GB) but it requires an updated BIOS to enable it.

I have tried downloading the official BIOS update from ACER here: Acer | Download

But when I run the included winflash utility, and select the bios file, I get a "Please select correct BIOS" message!

Any ideas?

Hi Guys.

I've been given an Acer Aspire L5100 which I plan on using as a media PC (It's tiny with a slot loading DVD, SPDIF & HDMI output & smaller than a Xbox 360 slim)

But I need to up the RAM to 4GB, (currently 2GB) but it requires an updated BIOS to enable it.

I have tried downloading the official BIOS update from ACER here: Acer | Download

But when I run the included winflash utility, and select the bios file, I get a "Please select correct BIOS" message!

Any ideas?

Hi, are you using the correct winflash utility, should look like the one below.

How to use WinFlash Utility

Hi, are you using the correct winflash utility, should look like the one below.

How to use WinFlash Utility

Cheers for the input!

It should be the correct one as it's the one that comes bundled with the Acer BIOS update :confused:

I'm totally confused and getting really frustrated now to the point im considering buying a pre-flashed bios chip from ebay! :facepalm:

But I shouldnt have too! :mad:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom