• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Acer Aspire L320...any good as a HTPC?

smoothjamie

Standard Member
Hi All,

I need everyone's input on this. I'm looking at an Acer Aspire L320 as a cheap HTPC to run films no greater than 720p, play MP3's and run slide shows etc.
I would probably look at installing a flavour of Ubuntu on it with XBMC and LIRC to control it by remote.

Are there any reccurring problems? Has anyone had good/bad experiences with this machine?

I read this thread and the OP seemed to give it some praise, also I realise it must be about 4/5 years old but seems like good machine.

Any thoughts?

robbo100

There is no reason why the CPU isn't up to it, but the graphics board is going to be a bit lacking in power. If I were a betting man, I would say that it would do 720, but no guarantees.

The latest video from AVForums

JVC 4K projectors, Denon X3800 & Perlisten speaker reviews, adding a sub to 2-channel + AV/HiFi news
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom