Acer Aspire Easystore H340 Problem - Help Needed

Cha1ky

Distinguished Member
Hello all,

Bought my Aspire easystore last year. Its out of warranty now. :(

I went to connect to it but couldnt so went and had a look at it and it wasn't working.

After investigating the socket is fine, the power cable is fine but nothing is happening with the server. So i'm thinking the power supply may have gone. But i'm not 100%.

I'm very worried now i've lost all the data on it. Is this the case?

Also if i was to buy a new server and place all the hard drives from mine (inc OS drive) into a new one will it work as if it was my own server?

I'd rather get mine working again in hope that all the data isnt lost. (around 4tb worth of blu rays mainly!!!) I've got some of the stuff backed up but not all of it.

Can someone help me before I cry?​

Cha1ky

Distinguished Member
Anyone?

Think i'll prob invest in a new server (HP one more than likely) I'm guessing swapping the HD's over will mean loss of all the data?

I actually found the warranty runs out tomorrow so emailed them yesterday and left a voicemail, so got the ball rolling before cut off hopefully.

limegreenzx

Banned
Assuming you are using the OS supplied, WHS V1. All the data on your drives should be intact. WHS stores everything on an NTFS filesystem in a hidden folder. Just plug any disk into a PC, choose to view hidden files and you should be able to see your files. If you were using duplication you will have 2 copies on different drives.

Cha1ky

Distinguished Member
Assuming you are using the OS supplied, WHS V1. All the data on your drives should be intact. WHS stores everything on an NTFS filesystem in a hidden folder. Just plug any disk into a PC, choose to view hidden files and you should be able to see your files. If you were using duplication you will have 2 copies on different drives.

Only used duplication for little folders, not my blu ray files.

So it should all be intact then. Just a case of getting a sata dock or adding them to my pc upstairs?

That would be great if so.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Samsung TV Launch & QN95A Neo QLED Review, plus Film & TV news & Reviews
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom