Acer Aspire 5750 BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH?

enjibenji89

Standard Member
Reaction score
Everytime I try to download a torrent (I'm a collector - I buy DVD's then download them to have them stored on my laptop) my laptop will buzz and then the blue screen of death will appear.

I have updated all my drivers as far as I'm aware, and have no other issues with downloading except for torrents.

Any help?

BSOD errors are usually a faulty hard drive.
Not true at all unless you mean in this instance

Why does it only happen when I'm downloading a torrent?
if you can get the error code either from the BSOD before rebooting or from the event viewer and either post it here or Google it to see what it brings up as the error..

Curly

When the blue screen appears it says 'Driver IRQL not less or equal'

Nah I haven't. I looked it up on google, found out it could be to do with drivers, downloaded a driver test program. One error came up which was with the Xbox 360 Controller driver, I deleted it but still have the problem...

Any ideas? As I said it only ever happens when I'm downloading a torrent. When it happens, laptop restarts, I start up the torrent program, downloads for a bit then happens again

Not sure why you would download the torrent of a film you own, just rip it to the HD in a format that suits you.

Most BSODs I have come across have been either display or disc related. I would update your video drivers and see if this fixes the issue. Could be a windows update has made the video driver unstable.

Not sure why you would download the torrent of a film you own, just rip it to the HD in a format that suits you.

Most BSODs I have come across have been either display or disc related. I would update your video drivers and see if this fixes the issue. Could be a windows update has made the video driver unstable.

I never really looked in to ripping dvd to computer... torrents are always so quick and hassle free (normally)

Thanks for the advice, however could you point me in the right direction about how to update my drivers? I have looked on google but find it a lil confusing.

The image points to a network driver issue. Download the latest versions for your network adapter, then delete and reinstall.

See how you get on.

The image points to a network driver issue. Download the latest versions for your network adapter, then delete and reinstall.

See how you get on.

Thanks for the advice. However how do I find out what network adapter I have?

Have a look in control panel, system, device manager. Click on network adapters and you should see the device type. Mine is a Marvell Yukon Gigabit controller.

Thanks again

I got Broadcom 802.11n Network Adapter and Broadcom Netlink (TM) Gigabit Ethernet. How do I find updates for these?

Have a look on the Acer site I initially pointed you to. This should have them.

Even if the drivers are not any newer than the ones installed, reinstall anyway in case something is corrupted.

Have a look on the Acer site I initially pointed you to. This should have them.

Even if the drivers are not any newer than the ones installed, reinstall anyway in case something is corrupted.

I think I downloaded the correct drivers... but it didn't prevent the blue screen :(

As it only happens on your torrents, you might want to try a different torrent program.

Sorry, its getting hard to diagnose at this range now!

I assume that as well as downloading you also uninstalled the old ones and then reinstalled ?

Yeah, I un-installed the drivers, reinstalled.

I will try a different torrent program today, thanks for the advice :thumbsup:

I updated every single driver, and completely cleaned up my hard drive and everything on it.

Same problem...As soon as a torrent starts to download - blue screen. Apart from the very rare occasion where the torrent will download all the way through.

Anyone else got any ideas?

Had it for around 4 months now, bought brand new and I'm using uTorrent

Has it always done the same thing or did it suddenly start crashing to the BSOD?

It never happened for the first 3ish months. Just in the past month/it also won't let me install the 3 latest microsoft updates, not sure if that is linked in any way

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom