Acer Aspire 5745PG price drop 699 to 449

dc8900

Distinguished Member

sav1

Standard Member
yes i see what your saying about the price ,but if you check other places 630 plus
also as ive been on here a few times asking for a good spec i3 for under 500 with no advice ,so i bought this one seems good for 449 didnt see anything else in this price range

dc8900

Distinguished Member
yes i see what your saying about the price ,but if you check other places 630 plus
also as ive been on here a few times asking for a good spec i3 for under 500 with no advice ,so i bought this one seems good for 449 didnt see anything else in this price range
well, we do get a lot of threads on these boards and thus with such high traffic, not all of them get answered I'm afraid and 630 plus for a core i3 system with a 310m? those have to pretty expensive places! :eek:

my point is this, you got a great price for a very good spec but it wasn't the deal of the century, as prices for laptops with core i3 cpu (plus included dedicated GPUs) are coming down, that's all I'm saying

anyway bud, have fun with the new laptop :thumbsup:

Last edited:

richard plumb

Distinguished Member
would that be better than something like the Asus X52 which is £399 at comet? Thats an i3-370M I think but integrated graphics. No idea how good or not the 310M is - is it a decent card for games (not high detail or anything) or just a step above integrated?

turk3y

the 310 is new enough to have CUDA cores in it tho, so as more things get GPU accelerated the better you will be :)

would be nicer to see more manufactures move onward from the 310 as its getting a bit old, but is still found in way to many expensive models, for what most laptop users want tho is perfectly fine, infact just haveing the dedicated video ram will make all the difference over stock integrated laptops, I am sure you will love the new toy :)

sav1

Standard Member
also noticed you can only see this laptop now with the link on here ,check stock and they have some ,if you go on argos and search for it ,its gone.
also when advertised they said prices would not change until the 7th

Dracutus

er, I still think at £449 it's a good bargain so I went on to the Argos website on fri evening, reserved one at a local store, went to the store Sat at 1.00 pm. Had reserve number, showed Argos lady price and number, she looked up store price..£599. She called the manager I think, he looked at the details. He asked me when I had reserved? I told him friday evening. He said that I was lucky, the price is now back up to £599. I got the Acer Aspire 5745pg for £449! haha, and I think it's brilliant.

sav1

Standard Member
glad you got it for the 449. im really happy i got it for this price as well great present for the dd.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Reported HDMI 2.1 bugs, Audiolab Amp & LG LED Projector reviews + Best of the Month
Top Bottom