Acer Aspire 5742 Screen IssueOkay... This one is stumping me - I have an acer laptop

yasreal

Standard Member
Okay... This one is stumping me -

I have an acer laptop (5742) with a razor thin LED screen (15.6 inch) and the screen got broken (stupid house mates)

So i replaced the screen and the brightness went all dogey. If i turn the brightness up within windows, the screen gets darker and flickers.

Having the brightness set to minimum gives the brightest screen.

I sent the screen back and got another replacement which has the same issue. The company tested the screen i returned and it was working fine. The image that is output on VGA/HDMI is perfect.

I changed the ribbon cable to no effect, however, putting the original broken screen back in solves the issue completely (ignoring the big crack in the middle)

The replacement is a third party one (made by AOC or something) as opposed to an LG Phillips model so I toyed with the idea of it not being totally to spec, however the image i can see on screen is perfect, its just dark (though still useable, just not as bright as it should be).

Any ideas?
I'm stumped.

Is it worth gettin an actual LG Phillips screen or is it a bigger issue than the screen?

simplicity96

Distinguished Member
There is a model number on the rear of the screen. Did this match to the one you ordered?

The latest video from AVForums

Are the TCL MiniLED TVs better than OLED? TCL Interview with Marek Maciejewski | AVForums Podcast
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom