Acer Aspire 5742- any good?

hellsteeth54

Standard Member
Reaction score
I have been looking for a laptop as a replacement for my (now sluggish) HP. The limit I set was around £400, and the best I can find so far is this one:

ACER Aspire 5742 - Core i3, 4GB at cheap prices | PC World

The thing is, I was previously a bit concerned with the quality of Acers, so have they improved? Does anyone have any experience with this laptop?

If you know of anything of a similar spec for this price, please let me know!

Cheers

I'm thinking of going for that one. Spec looks good for the price.

im looking at this one as well, looks better than the 5741a in argos,
3 year guarantee at argos on the 5741a
2 year guarantee at john lewis on the 5742

Just need to source the cheapest M$ Office 2010 now which looks to be £38.95 from software4students :thumbsup:

considering it's the Professional Plus version with 2 user license, I'm pretty sure it's the best price you'd find in the United Kingdom :smashin:

gone up now grrrrr went to order 1 now £449 :(

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Many thanks, Ill keep hunting for the 4 gb

found it at £399

want £399 at curries lol

Why would you want to buy from Currys? Do you have vouchers or something? :confused:

Why would you want to buy from Currys? Do you have vouchers or something? :confused:

unless of course they love the smiles and service of your average DSG saturday boy :laugh:

Except it's £450 now, not £400 :confused: How long is the code valid for? They don't last indefinitely, Currys may or may not reduce the price again if they have shifted stocks or the company they were matching against has increased its price :)

Just looked, the 25POUND code expires on 30 Nov ;) MVC15 gets £15 off laptops until 2 December so still only a few days left

Last edited:
yup 25pound only few days left, just regret not buying at £375 is all, so trying to match the price, near xmas may well be a few sales on just keeping eyes open

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom