• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

acer aspire 5630 laptop sound problem help

superdude99

Standard Member
1st time post,be gentle
Hi im trying to fix a acer aspire 5630 for a friend .the sound is garbled underwater and sometimes also sounds like its slowing down , i tried updating the sound driver that didnt work so i uninstalled the driver and reinstalled it and this fixed the sound for about 3 weeks but the problem came back and the driver solution didnt work this time ,i also tried reseeting all audio options to default and i am in the middle of running lots of diffrent virus/spyware scans no luck yet ,i might try using the default windows sound drivers ,admittedly my friend did spill a bowl of cereal on it ages ago just wondering if anyone has any suggestions how to fix it

details
Aspire Acer 5630
sound realtek hi def audio
xp sp3

also when its booting i get a message saying media test failure check cable but then it boots ,never seen that before

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom