1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Acer AL2671W responds many remotes

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by Gregory, Mar 27, 2005.

1. Gregory

Gregory

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Hi all,

Just bought an Acer AL2671W (based in part on good reviews in this forum), to tide us over until the lounge is decorated & we can get a new rear pro DLP (had a sagem 50" with which we were very pleased, but it went phut twice so I got my money back). We're very pleased with the Acer, however, it does seem a little 'over enthusiastic' to remote commands - not only it's own, but the amp (a Yamaha DSP750SE) and the DVD (a cambridge audio DVD59). Increasing the volume or skipping a chapter causes it to step up one channel. It isn't an overlap since the remotes don't work the opposite device - just the TV

Is this normal for the TV, or is it just mine?

Cheers

Greg

2. ajp558

ajp558

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Hi Greg,

Its just yours. And mine. And some German guy's AL2671W.

After contacting both Ebuyer & Acer support, I was told that this was a known problem and there was no fix for it as yet. Acer didn't want me to swap the LCD as they said " you could just end up with another one with the same problem". In the absence of any fix whatsoever we could not live with a TV repeating its last remote command when any other remote is operated. I sent the LCD back and bought a Sharp Aquos.

If you want to try to live with it then I suggest that after every use of the Acer remote you press the OK button. This does nothing, but means that when you then press a button on other remote controls it also does nothing to the Acer LCD such as continuing to increase the volume, change channel, etc.

Good luck,

AJP