1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Acer AL2671W for PC use: possible?

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by Simon82, Jul 19, 2005.

1. Simon82

Simon82

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,
    This is my first post here and I've a question because I'm going to buy a TV LCD to replace my little 15" TFT monitor of my PC.
    I've seen a good price for the TV in subject and I'd like to ask you:

1) if possibile to connect directly DVI output of my Radeon 9700 to the DVI input of the TV LCD? Or VGA output to VGA in?

2)I'd have problems with the pixel size using the tv to read or write text?

3)have you some feedback using this tv like a monitor?

Thanx all.

Bye

2. c00ldown

c00ldown

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    if someone who owns this could put some pics up that would be great, as the price of these has dropped to £480 Inc vat

In response

1) Yes DVI would be possible

2) Shouldn’t have any

3) maybe coming soon.....

3. Rizel23

Rizel23

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    would also like to know how they handle a pc via DVI as would like to use as a TFT for normal PC use, thanks.

4. Cyclone

Cyclone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +44
    I have had this TV for a few weeks, and happy with it for TV use. I did try it on a PC when i got it, using DVI and the picture was very good. Not too sure you would want to be close up though, as the resolution of 1280 * 768 gives quite large text on a 26" screen. But my intention is to use a PC on it and view from further back which i'm hoping will be ok.

Anyway, the below pics were taken when I was testing it out, they are not very good, but may give you some idea (trust me it looks better in the flesh). I have the bits comming tomorrow to build my pc which will be going on this tv, so when I get round to doing that I can post some more pics.

I did try playing Unreal Tournament (and 2k4) with it, which looked very good, but didn't spend long on it. Will give it another go soon.

Attached Files:

5. Rizel23

Rizel23

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    thanks for that, looks mint, gonna use it as my main screen as find myself watching TV programs thati download.

Anyone know where to get it for £480 with VAT?

6. c00ldown

c00ldown

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Not sure what they are like as company, but We Have Things are cheapest.

7. lambochops

lambochops

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have used the screen on for an entire weekend when I had a lan party at my house. The picture quality through the DVI input is very good although I don't like the bright blue 'no signal' screens popping up every time the screen resolution changes - this may be a fault with my set though. Others have had problems too: http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=213309&highlight=AL2671W

8. skunkyjoe

skunkyjoe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have had my AL2671w for about a month , and use it daily mostly as a monitor . I have it hooked uo to my Radeon 9200 via a DVI connection . I have had NO problems using my Acer as a monitor . It looks really good . The 1280X768 resolution looks very good . Be aware that a 26 LCD with this resolution makes everything look BIG in Windows ..... but most things can be adjusted un XP Appearances to make fonts and icons smaller . Overall as a monitor I would give it a 8.0 out of 10 ~! Its very usable.

There are some pics here :

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2005-6/1039032/IM000137.JPG

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2005-6/1039032/IM000135.JPG

9. Simon82

Simon82

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :D
    Thank you very much! I've bought it this weekend and I found it so beautiful connected to the Radeon 9700 with DVI - DVI cable. Everything is ok and Half Life 2 with a 26" is so.. so... big!!! :eek: :thumbsup:

10. Rizel23

Rizel23

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    where did you order from Simon82?

11. Simon82

Simon82

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings: