1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Acer AL2671W 26" Widescreen TFT

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by jmongan, Apr 14, 2005.

1. jmongan

jmongan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone ever used this model?
    I am thinking of using it in my company but I need it to be wall mountable, which is not stated anywhere also would 26" be ok for up to 15ft away?

2. GrahamC

GrahamC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +67
    15ft feet is to great a distance to use this comfortably in my opinion. The unit itself is of good value and quality for the price. You would be better off going for the 32" model in the same range. There is plenty of postings on these forums about this unit, use the search for extensive opinion and advice.

3. Vallyboy

Vallyboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My son has recently bought one and it is a great machine. It can be wall mounted 100mm VESA mount and I did note that Misco were waiting for stock of a mount that might suite, no link sorry.

Trusted Reviews tells you all about the monitor. For the distance you suggest you might want to consider a 32" and if you check the site I have given you Acer have one almost on the market and if as good as the 26" it will be a good buy at less than £1000. :smashin:

4. jmongan

jmongan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :thumbsup: thanks for the reply: Realistically I only need people to see one highlighted portion of a report, as in they dont need to read anything off the screen, just coloured alerts, do u think they size is ok for that?
    Also have you any idea weather this is wall mountable? I presume most are but can't find confirmation of this!

tnx jm

5. GrahamC

GrahamC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +67
    It really does depend on how much of the report you want to show. A 3" high headline or some text as well. At 15ft my honest opinon is that 32" is the min you should go for.

6. Gregory

Gregory

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    I have it and it is wall mountable (not that I have). Needs a standard 100mm wall bracket that sinply replaces the existing table stand

Cheers

Greg

7. timelimit

timelimit
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    jesus !!!!!! i sit about 4 ft away from mine and thats just about right i think :D

8. Vallyboy

Vallyboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I did mention it had 100mm vesa mount. :nono: Here is the link for one but this shows the 75mm one as the 100mm is not linkable but the same price.

As mounts can run very expensive I feel that this looks good value for money. :thumbsup: