1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Acer AL2671W 26" LCD TV

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by Pixie_0, Aug 18, 2005.

1. Pixie_0

Pixie_0
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I bit the bullet and have just paid for an Acer 26" :thumbsup:

Bought it off Digiuk for £552.53 (thats including next day delivery at £2.99 :smashin: )
    SO, it arrives tomorrow and I will be sure to post on here once it is up and running!

I have to say, DigiUK so far have been extremely helpful and friendly. We will see how their after sale service is

Watch this space :D

2. c00ldown

c00ldown

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    In my experience I’ve had nothing but great service from DigiUK, Even when i had a faulty product

3. Pixie_0

Pixie_0
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    That is Wonderful to know! Music to my ears :thumbsup:

4. dvdphile

dvdphile

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +201
    Any reason you went for this over the 30" Haeir from ebuyer??

Gary

5. Mappy

Mappy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Pixie_0 been looking to purchase one of these. Do you know whether it has a NTSC playback function??

6. dvdphile

dvdphile

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +201
    These days NTSC shouldn't be an issue anymore!

Especially if you use DVI or progressive scan etc.. even RGB isn't NTSC!

The main issue is if the signal is 50/60HZ. Most sets accept both.

Gary

7. Mappy

Mappy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks dvdphile. This has been the only issue why I haven't brought one yet!!! I even called Acer a number of times only to be no it wouldn't (which I thought was incorrect, to be fair the guy wasn't very good).

I am going to order one right now.

With regards to Haeir model it looks nice but I prefer the name brand of Acer. I have found it hard to get any information on Haeir. There is a few words of caution posted here on AV with regards to after sales support

8. Pixie_0

Pixie_0
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Well, my tv arrived here in 22 hours!!! i got it at 9:30am! How good is that!! Cant wait to set it up, took it out and it looks lush!

I chose this one because 30" will be too big for my lounge as we wont be sitting far from the screen, also, i read extensive reviews and acer came up tops!
    will definately keep you updated!

9. tjradiohead

tjradiohead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    Did you have to pay extra for next day delivery? im looking to buy a plasma from there, but have been told they need to be kept upright and im not sure if i can trust the courier to do that....

10. Pixie_0

Pixie_0
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    It was £2.99 for next day! What a bargain is that!!!
    Im sure that they ship plasmas all the time for digiuk, and its insured/garunteed so I dont reckon it would be a problem :)

11. tjradiohead

tjradiohead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    anyone know any details as to what damage can be done by *not* keeping the panel upright? just so i can check, check and double check when it arrives.... :rolleyes:

12. Pixie_0

Pixie_0
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Okay, not fully explored yet but on first impressions, picture is bright and crisp and sound is awesome, plus it looks great!
    One question, anyone know how to get a perfect picture? the picture is good but i can see some pixelation, but i reckon its tweakable. I am using a scart from sky to tv, in the RGB scart port. Would a gold scart make much difference?

13. Mappy

Mappy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am so excited... I am glad for you pixie_0 that you own is very good. This TV has had some very good reviews. :thumbsup:

14. Pixie_0

Pixie_0
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Excellent! Its a great tv! Do you have sky Mappy? if so, pls let me know how you connected everything up for the best results! Cheers :smashin:

15. Pixie_0

Pixie_0
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Okee dokee

I took this tv out the box and put it in its pride of place and it is just beautiful. Elegant, stylish and it has the WOW factor!
    But as they say, looks arent everything!
    So plugged in my sky, and my PS2.
    I was blown away by the vibrant colours and ambiance of the screen, but upon sitting down to watch some tv, I was so disappointed with the sky picture. I fiddled and played nothing seemed to make a difference.

I then figured that It could "quite possible" be because it was a mere 4 feet away, I rearranged the room and now the couch is about 8 foot away and what a breathtaking difference. The picture is crystal clear (except for obviously bad broadcasts by some sky channels). We plugged in the PS2 and gaming has just been taken to a new level. The sound is out of this world and the picture so clear and responsive! No blurring whatsoever, no glitches, no lag. Its perfect!! We then stuck in a dvd and the picture had no pixellation(sp!) at all!!!
    The blacks are black! All this talk of grey...im looking for it...i dont see it except on the older folks hair. Black is black with this tv! I will admit that changing from CRT to LCD is a bit of an adjustment for the first couple of hours, but now i'm Acer Stoked.
    Everyone is super impressed with the TV and if you are considering buying this tv, just do it! For goodness sakes, they are practically giving it away!
    :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

16. chowells

chowells

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Nice review. I'm pretty tempted by the 32" Acer since it has a low response time. I guess I'll have to wander down to the local electrical shop to have a look before ordering it from somewhere online :)

17. PoloQc

PoloQc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the review. What kind of input did you use for connecting the PS2? S-Video, SCART?

18. Mappy

Mappy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Pixie, sorry I don't have Sky I use Telewest digital. The picture is breathtaking though, really sharp. I was so surprised.

The 26 inch is not very big (the right size for my room though), for those of you who are serious movie watchers I think the 32-inch would be more beneficial. Although you should check this forum for details, as I know the fan on the Acer 32 model is quite loud. As per Pixie's review earlier you do need to be sitting back for the TV to really appreciate the picture... get to close and the images become rather fizzy. I can confirm that the colours produced are very good and YES black is black, no blurring effects not even with football... well done Acer. :clap:

Through my cable box I have linked the TV sound through the house hi-fi so I haven't really sampled the TV’s own sound capabilities sound movies but generally the sound is acceptable for general TV watching.

Played a number of NTSC films last night the TV handled these with no problem. I am yet to hook up my PC just waiting to upgrade the graphics card to take advantage of the DIV connection.

On the minus side, the looks of the TV are a little simple, that is in comparison to the big names such as Sony, JVC but at this price who cares!!

I would definitely recommend this TV to anyone. It is a steal from DigiUK and the delivery was good. I order mine own Friday 4.00pm and received it 8.55am Saturday morning. (Had to pay extra for Sat delivery)

Will post more once I play with it a bit more!!

19. tjradiohead

tjradiohead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    What is the response time of this set? Anyone know? Thanks

20. Pixie_0

Pixie_0
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi TJ, its 16ms

I am using the supplied PS2 - scart (with the red/yellow/white plugs adapter) but am going to try something a little different this week and let you know how it pans out

21. Pixie_0

Pixie_0
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Some pics, not even close to how good it really looks :smashin:

Attached Files:

22. kwazemowdoe

kwazemowdoe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just put in an order for one of the from eBuyer, 565 including delivery and a DVD player thrown in for a £1 ! Get the set on Tuesday....

23. stealth chicken

stealth chicken

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i sent this tv back yesterday.

16 ms is too slow for gaming imo.
    plus black wasa really dark grey but wasnt really a problem.
    plus for some reason it wouldnt work with my pc via the DVI connection. only the DSUB. nice remote control though.

currently looking one with
    HDTV
    Headphone out socket
    Bigger than 20"
    Smaller than 29"
    Response rate less than 12ms
    Component Inputs
    Scart at least one
    720p and 1080i compatible
    DVI input or maybe DSUB
    A known brand
    Dimensions less than:
    Depth 37cm 14.5 ins
    Width 85cm 33.5ins
    Height 48cm 19ins
    Might be able to go a bit taller as i could move a shelf up in my unit.
    Preferably no image ghosting
    Maybe freeview built in