1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Acer AL2671W 26" keeps loosing channels

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by deluded, Sep 3, 2005.

1. deluded

deluded
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all - my parents bought one of these Acer LCD TVs a while back, and last month started getting a problem that every 2 days or so, the TV would loose all it's TV stations, and they would have to auto-tune it again.

They sent it back (took 2 weeks). Acer said they couldn't find a problem with it, but replaced the TV tuner board anyway. Unfortunately it still has exactly the same problem 1 day after being returned.

They've made sure both power and arial are on surge protectors, and disconnected all other devices (dvd, freeview etc) but it still forgets its channels on a regular basis.

Anyone else had this, and if so, has it been solved??

If not, it will have to go back to Acer for another 2 weeks :(

2. avmental

avmental

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi i had this set and it was terrible, it was faulty when it arrived, i have been dealing with acer for a month now with no luck they are crap, so im trying for a refund.

As for your problem, it sounds like the backup battery is dead or dying, try leaving your tv running continuesly for a couple of days then see if its channel memory holds for longer, its worth a try.

3. deluded

deluded
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Good idea about the backup battery (or capacitor). I've rung my parents, they said they always leave it on standby at night so it shouldn't be a problem.

They said it's got worse now, and will forget channels after about 30 mins of being on standby.. They're going to put a note on it suggesting that the engineers at Acer check the backup battery when it goes back again :)

4. stealth chicken

stealth chicken

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    mine was fine for tv, dvds and pc but crap for gaming.

5. empirix

empirix
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Mine does exactly the same ... surely it is the battery backup ?

Can these be sourced and installed, mine will be miles out of warranty by now ...

6. freecell

freecell
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Just started to have the same problem with my Acer set. All channels are received but allocated as Channel 21 set as TV Channel 1, 22 as Channel 2 etc. Have tried using Channel Swap function to swap so BBC 1 is set as TV Channel 1 but it loses these settings as well. Auto-tune will select only active channels but as others report these settings are lost and resorts back to Channel 21 as 1 etc for 90 channels!

Anyone had any luck on determining the cause? Seems like a capacitor/on-board battery losing power to channel memory component. Leaving on stand-by does not seem to be a solution, and last night think it even lost channels allocations while set was being watched, but couldn't get it to repeat that.