• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Acer 5920 replacement battery help

Kilgoret

Standard Member
Hi All
My Acer 5920 ( bought in March 2009) stopped charging so I sent it in for repair. Now been told the battery is faulty and that unlike the laptop itself, the battery is only under warranty for 6 months. Since I was not told this by the retailer ( Simply Acer) at the time of purchase, I must say I am not very happy.:mad:
Anyhow have to look for replacement batteries and have seen some. I have seen 4400 14.8 V Mah at and 5200 Mah 10.8 V ( there all are compatible with 5920) on http://good-store.co.uk/]Good-store.co.uk
But 5200 mah is £20 cheaper at £56. Am i correct in assuming that 5200 has bigger capacity and therefore holds a longer charge? If so how come it's cheaper?
Also can you recommend any other suppliers for Batteries and are there any opinions against buying a third party battery?
Thanks for your help
Lou

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom