1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Acer 3201W / Telewest Feed

Discussion in 'Cable TV & Virgin Media TV' started by jaygee, Aug 25, 2005.

1. jaygee

Jan 31, 2002
    Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    I have been considering getting the above model. Seems to have good connectivity although mixed reviews from the various threads in this forum. My concern is the TV reception from a Telewest Source as this will be the bulk of its use.

The price seems good with the benefit of 2 year warranty and an extra year care of my credit card provider. It does seem the Computer companies offer much better standard warranty packages.

I wouldn't be overly concerned regarding connection to a Games console but would wish to set it up as a media centre which seems to get good feedback. Fan noise seems to be an issue but a solution is available. It really comes down to how it handles a Telewest signal and I can't find anyone in the South West who can give me a demo. Anyone have experience of this LCD/setup? DigiUK seem to have a good name for supplying LCD's but what are they like if you buy one and then say you don't like it and return it within the 7 day distance selling regs?

Any comments would be greatly appreciated particularly if you can recommend other screens that work well with Sky Sports through Telewest Cable.