1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Acer 32" LCD TV - AT3201W-A

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by shaddow2005, Apr 7, 2005.

1. shaddow2005

shaddow2005
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Just spotted this review at Trusted Reviews.com

http://www.trustedreviews.com/article.aspx?head=18&page=2777

Available at Micro Direct

http://www.microdirect.co.uk/ProductInfo.aspx?ProductID=8935&GroupID=0

What do we think people ?

I've been considering the Relisys 3200 as it seems one of the only screens that allows the native resolution with PC.

This screen looks like a possible alternative but the review mentions a problem with with the screen was trying to scale a 1360x768 PC input upto 1366x768 = seems a bit daft if you ask me.. I wonder if you can turn it off and just have 6 unused pixel lines ?

2. la gran siete

la gran siete

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Deep in the bowels of sussex where the angloargies
    Ratings:
    +1,765
    Damned sight better value than a philips 9986 Go for it I say.

3. alunj

alunj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    i read on one usa site (lcdtv reviews and power strip)
    The reason you cannot do 1366 is that MOSt windows drivers have to do horizontal resolutions in steps of 8 pixels so 1360 1368 (both divisable by 8)

The same artical mentions that the matrox P650 will do 1366 and some guy reported a big improvement in text readability at 1366 native (open note pad and fill it with either 'mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm' or 'lllllllllllll' as this gives a good test pattern. You should see no variation in the with of the chars across the screen. At 1360/8 you will as the display has to scale again.

I have the Goodmans LCD32 which uses the same LG panel as the above AFAIK. I guess the only difference is the controller that acer have bolted in behind the panel.

4. shaddow2005

shaddow2005
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Seems daft, that If most PC's are gonna have touble doing 1366 and have to settle for 1360 that this panel decides to try and upscale it to the correct value.
    Better to just have 6 blank lines of pixels (I'm sure thats what other screens do) - can this be turned off ?