acer 26 problem, looking for new 32 inch cheap lcd???

weebroonieuk

Standard Member
Reaction score
hi there the other day my acer suddenly popped up a red line about 2 inch thick all the way from top to bottom near the right hand side of the screen

it did this on all inputs tried turning of screen removing powercord for a while etc

then al of a sudden it disappeared

this has slightly put me off the screen , i bought it from maplins and will probably return it if i can before i get anymore of that nonsense

and was looking at the likes of the video7 32 inch screen as a display wheres the cheapest place for them ?

or is there any other lcd screen of similar size i should consider must have atleast the same specs as the acer 26 lcd

The Acer 32" screen is a much better buy then the Video 7 and even has more inputs then the acer 26"

are LCD screen sizes larger than the CRT equivalent as they are with PC Displays? Would a 32" LCD have a larger visible screen size that a 32" CRT?

yes thay are and yes it would

I just bought the Relisys 3200 from Techfever.

As far as online buying experiences go- techfever certainly gets five stars from me. sent them a couple of queries and they responded within an hour and knew what they were talking about too- placed the order and TV was with me in less than 30 hours.

As for the TV itself-

TV Input via aerial (until Sky come and install Sky+ for me) - Picture quality was quite good.
DVD via Scart - Again- picture was clean and crisp- no complaint there either.
PC via DVI - worked straight away- no issues with resolution- great monitor.
XBOX via Scart - This is where i noticed the black problem- some stealthy games (which have more dark scenes) were quite hard to make out. I played around with the picture settings - turned display to mild and turned black enhancer on- this certainly improved it quite alot but thats still my main area of concern.

Having said that- I'm sure it can be improved further by playing around with the settings a bit more and watched a star wars dvd with no gripes about the picture.

Dont get me wrong- I went to an AV place in London and saw the Phillips 9986 properly set up in a home cinema room and that really does win the prize for me- but for a thousand squid- I think i got real value from the Relisys.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom