Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

acer 26 problem, looking for new 32 inch cheap lcd???

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by weebroonieuk, May 7, 2005.

Tags:
  1. weebroonieuk

weebroonieuk
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi there the other day my acer suddenly popped up a red line about 2 inch thick all the way from top to bottom near the right hand side of the screen

it did this on all inputs tried turning of screen removing powercord for a while etc

then al of a sudden it disappeared

this has slightly put me off the screen , i bought it from maplins and will probably return it if i can before i get anymore of that nonsense

and was looking at the likes of the video7 32 inch screen as a display wheres the cheapest place for them ?

or is there any other lcd screen of similar size i should consider must have atleast the same specs as the acer 26 lcd

2. badboy killa

badboy killa

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The Acer 32" screen is a much better buy then the Video 7 and even has more inputs then the acer 26"

3. peahead

peahead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +384
  4. jtorry

jtorry
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    are LCD screen sizes larger than the CRT equivalent as they are with PC Displays? Would a 32" LCD have a larger visible screen size that a 32" CRT?

5. peahead

peahead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +384
    yes thay are and yes it would

6. WSB

WSB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I just bought the Relisys 3200 from Techfever.

As far as online buying experiences go- techfever certainly gets five stars from me. sent them a couple of queries and they responded within an hour and knew what they were talking about too- placed the order and TV was with me in less than 30 hours.

As for the TV itself-

TV Input via aerial (until Sky come and install Sky+ for me) - Picture quality was quite good.
    DVD via Scart - Again- picture was clean and crisp- no complaint there either.
    PC via DVI - worked straight away- no issues with resolution- great monitor.
    XBOX via Scart - This is where i noticed the black problem- some stealthy games (which have more dark scenes) were quite hard to make out. I played around with the picture settings - turned display to mild and turned black enhancer on- this certainly improved it quite alot but thats still my main area of concern.

Having said that- I'm sure it can be improved further by playing around with the settings a bit more and watched a star wars dvd with no gripes about the picture.

Dont get me wrong- I went to an AV place in London and saw the Phillips 9986 properly set up in a home cinema room and that really does win the prize for me- but for a thousand squid- I think i got real value from the Relisys.