• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Acer 26 LCD Bizzare Fault

ajp558

Established Member
Hi,

My brand new AL2671W LCD TV has a problem with remote control signals from other devices.

After using the Acer LCD TV remote control to change a setting, eg volume, channel, menu, etc, then every time any other remote control for any other device is pressed the Acer LCD TV actions the same function as previously selected on its remote control. :mad:

For example, if I press volume + on the Acer & then press any button on my DVD remote then the Acer increases its volume as if I had pressed the Acer remote again.

This happens with any & all remote controls for all
Other devices I have tried so far :-
Kiiro 838d DVD player
Netgem i-player digital freeview
Goodmans 285NS 28" TV
Toshiba VT-428B VCR
and others...

It does not matter what button I press on the other devices remote controls. Every time any button is pressed the Acer LCD TV acts as though I had pressed the last button I had previously pressed on its remote control.

Has anyone ever heard of anything similar or know if there is some kind of manufacturers reset with Acer LCD TVs I can try please? I have contacted Acer and the retailer but it may be some time before I hear anything back. In the meantime it is driving us mad.

:lease:

Cheers,
AJP

Ah sorry, but I am having a bad day & have posted this in the wrong forum. Can the mods please move this to LCDs. Ta.

MAW

Banned
I have experiened this with individual devices, like don't try an NEC and an Onkyo in the same setup, but so wholesale, sounds like a fault on the Acer. My other hot IR tip, all Sony devices I've come across use the same code, (except a HDD music server) so never own more than 1 sony device.....

lynx

Senior Moderator
Moving to lcd's...:)

jimsan

Established Member
New one to me! Try this post on the Remote section too....very wierd!

Jimmy

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom