Ace Combat X Skies of Deception

Discussion in 'PS Vita Forum' started by Flugzeugler, Dec 27, 2006.

Tags:
  1. Flugzeugler

Flugzeugler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +38
    Does anyone have this game? I have enjoyed playing it so far, but am finding it harder as I progress, to the extent that it is becoming frustrating and not so enjoyable.

I am currently on the mission where you have to protect a squadron of helicopters and take out ground rpg launchers and have decided to take a break from it before I break my PSP!

Any tips would be gratefully received.

Also, has anyone played Pilot Academy? Any good?

2. alchemystical

alchemystical

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +831
    Ace Combat X looks like it should play like a sensible shoe version of Afterburner.

The only problem is that after mission 2 it feels like a masochistic experience.

At least there's FFVII now - Saving anywhere and being portable make it quite a good choice.

3. sofasurfer

sofasurfer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +127
    Oh great..the other half bought me this for Christmas and I have only finished the first mission.Got a damn hard game to look forward to then:rolleyes:

Its a great looking game though.The details on the mountains really impressed.

4. Flugzeugler

Flugzeugler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +38
    Just keep flying each mission over again until you are getting fed up and then try another few times and you will have cracked it.

It's worth taking a few missile hits rather than missing a target you are lined up on, but after you have around 80% damage use hard turns to avoid being hit.

When you are trying to shoot down the giant Gleipnir thing, (it takes two separate missions to do this!) fire your cannon into it as you fly towards it whilst waiting for the missile lock to come into range.

5. alchemystical

alchemystical

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +831
    As if this wasn't enough:

You follow it up with:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: One of the most succinct reviews ever.

6. Flugzeugler

Flugzeugler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +38
    :D :D :D :D :D

7. Flugzeugler

Flugzeugler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +38
    Well, I took my own advice and stuck with it. Although I abandoned the helicopter support mission I have gone through various other missions and eventually liberated the Aurelian capital destroying the meson cannon etc.

There is some grim satisfaction in finally completing a mission. The one where you think you have finished only to receive a radio message that you have to fly into a cave on the side of an island and blast a target halfway through and then fly out the other side being particularly satisfying to complete!:smashin:

8. jotch

jotch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I enjoyed that final mission....but I flew into the cave tooo fast and panicked the enemy with a lock, fired my missile and missed only to watch the enemy crash into cave wall and I flew out to victory. Class!

Great game, a little short, but now I'm onto GTA:VCS. Will probably go back to Ace Combat at some point......I just wish more of these games played over the internet rather than having to be in the same room as someone.

9. Flugzeugler

Flugzeugler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +38
    Don't talk to me about GTA! I got stuck on two missions in Liberty City Stories, one where you have to escape a drug deal busted by the police and one where you have to catch a guy on a motor cycle. I haven't touched it for months.

Blowing up the Triads with radio control cars is fun though!