Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown (PS4)

Love a bit of Ace Combat, will be keeping an eye on this!

(Enjoyed the Tom Clancy Hawx games last gen too).

Always loved the Ace Combat games and if there is one type of game that would tempt me int the world of VR it's a flight sim.

VR cockpit game? Yeah i'll probably buy it... :rolleyes: not sure what is up with the japanesey story stuff though?

I assume it will be going back to Strangereal and not set on Earth.

That paired with the PSVR would be one hell of an experience.

Note the VR elements are minimal, and not the full game. If buying this for PSVR i'd definitely await reviews, and do not preorder.

Ace Combat 7 Isn't Much of a PlayStation VR Game Anymore

the platform is barely an afterthought in Ace Combat 7. The VR content, such as it is, amounts to a few exclusive missions with no ties to the main story, a VR air show that you can watch from the deck of your carrier, and a hangar mode. What's there is pretty cool, but it's more or less a novelty mode on par with the X-Wing Fighter VR Mission from a few years back.

Note the VR elements are minimal, and not the full game. If buying this for PSVR i'd definitely await reviews, and do not preorder.

Ace Combat 7 Isn't Much of a PlayStation VR Game Anymore

That is pretty much what I expected, I knew it wasn’t the full game and just a few missions lasting between 2-3 hours but considering how nausea inducing this is likely to be that is fine with me and I very much look forward to it, it’s the closet I will ever get to sitting in an F-18 cockpit.

Last edited:
I was really disappointed to read that this only has a few side missions in VR. It seemed like such a perfect fit. I'm still waiting on something on the level of Resi 7 in VR.

I am so on the fence, I actually like the series and own both the VR and Flightstick.

Playstation shows a full playthough of a VR mission.

Sony Shows More 'Ace Combat 7' VR Gameplay Ahead of Jan. 18 Launch

The video is obviously positive but read the thoughts of UploadVR, main negatives is the low res of planes at a distance.

I think I actually might buy this on disc and try complete the VR missions.

I love the Rogue One VR mission. This is obviously very different and the graphics will be more noticeably poorer in COmbat than in Rogue One because Rogue One is set in the blackness of space, whereas Combat background is full on real world simulation which a low resolution screen can potentially be a put off. But from the video, I like the sound and feel of the gameplay any atmosphere...so I'm in!

Initial reviews seem very favourable. The VR part is only three missions (and is likely to make you sick) but the main game sounds good, if you like the series.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom