Accrington Stanley v Notts Forest

I

IanMerseyside

Just watching tonight's football on Sky HD and am really impressed with the PQ. The first half was good and definitely on a par with yesterday's Premiership games. However, the second half was even better. Even though it was obvious that the floodlights were not the best, the sharpness of the picture was still there even in the parts of the pitch which were more gloomy and hence lacking in colour. In a strange way the darkness actually enhanced the PQ and showed just how good HD can be!

Hi, IanMerseyside, what size screen were you watching it on. I have a 50" Sagem and thought the 2nd half looked poor. The grass was macroblocking, almost flashing at times, especially in the darker areas. I only got the box installed this weekend so I'm wondering if I have a duff box :thumbsdow . I will try the other HDMi socket and also component to see if that improves things. I've not noticed such problems with upscaled dvd or hd programming downloaded from the net.

fastshow said:
Hi, IanMerseyside, what size screen were you watching it on. I have a 50" Sagem and thought the 2nd half looked poor. The grass was macroblocking, almost flashing at times, especially in the darker areas. I only got the box installed this weekend so I'm wondering if I have a duff box :thumbsdow . I will try the other HDMi socket and also component to see if that improves things. I've not noticed such problems with upscaled dvd or hd programming downloaded from the net.

I was watching on a 43" Pioneer via component (due to the HDCP problems). Could be the Sky box at fault but probably best having a look at some other games first.

IanMerseyside said:
At the time of starting the thread I did not see any other similar threads. (having said that my typing is a bit slow!)

Must be real slow, the other thread was started 90 minutes before :)

I thought it was good, there were some instances of a bit of grain but that may be a combination of my eyes and the darkness of such a small stadium.

Still. Accrington Stanley in HD.. LOL.

Watched it using normal Sky+ box on an old CRT and the picture was cracking.

The result was better though,:clap: being an impartial Derby fan :smashin: and my partner being a totally impartial stanley supporter :devil:

Watched about 10 mins of the second half, and thought the pq was awful compared to recent prem games ( which were not without their faults). The blocking was terrible, and i actually wasn't sure whether it really was HD. I switched between the 2 SS1 chans and there was an improvement in HD, but not much. Tbh, it was only as good as Sky Digital was when it first launched.

The stadium is down a dirt track in the middle of nowhere and afield at the back, sorry training ground:devil:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom