Question Account sharing in household...dedicated thread?

Guys, as you know I`ve purchased a new PS4 bundle for my lad for Christmas but am in a quandary as I suspect the best solution is to actually give him my current ps4 and use the new PS4 myself but that seems a bit cruel seeing as I`m benefitting from it myself. Is there a way I can let him have the new PS4 and access to all our shared digital stuff (that I`ve purchased under my PS= enabled account) plus I can still access everything from my current ps4?

You have to make his PS4 your primary, the one you use will be your secondary..

Guys, as you know I`ve purchased a new PS4 bundle for my lad for Christmas but am in a quandary as I suspect the best solution is to actually give him my current ps4 and use the new PS4 myself but that seems a bit cruel seeing as I`m benefitting from it myself. Is there a way I can let him have the new PS4 and access to all our shared digital stuff (that I`ve purchased under my PS= enabled account) plus I can still access everything from my current ps4?

Yes.

When his console is set up include your account on it and change your account's primary console to his one. You can still long onto the old one with your account and access the same content.

Cheers ZT, what about anything he`s saved on my PS4? Do I need to copy his game saves to a USB stick or can I utilize the cloud (or whatever the PSN equivalent is)?

I`m hoping to fit a new 1gb hard drive to his new PS4 one night this week then login as me and start downloading the digital games he plays on my ps4 like Minecraft, Terraria, Battlefront etc

I'll be looking at upgrading our HDD too this Christmas, thanks to the penny pinchers thread I seem to have accrued several extra "stocking filler" games for less than a round of drinks!

If only there was a thread letting you know what to do......... LMAO

Lol its still bloody confusing. Even to a genius like me! :p

Guys, I`ve installed a 1Tb hard disk in my lads new PS4, setup his and my 2 profiles, made the ps4 primary for the purpose of the initial setup then downloaded all the digial games I bought previously that are suitable for him. Oddly though some of the digital games have padlocks next to them even when I`m logged in with my own profile. Like Little Big Planet. Its only a couple of digital games though. I`ve tried restoring licenses without any change. Any idea why this might be?

Guys, I`ve installed a 1Tb hard disk in my lads new PS4, setup his and my 2 profiles, made the ps4 primary for the purpose of the initial setup then downloaded all the digial games I bought previously that are suitable for him. Oddly though some of the digital games have padlocks next to them even when I`m logged in with my own profile. Like Little Big Planet. Its only a couple of digital games though. I`ve tried restoring licenses without any change. Any idea why this might be?

Not sure about why it's not letting you play when you are logged in as the user who "owns" the games, however it's not just the initial setup you need to have the primary set for - if you want him to be able to use your games on his profile then his ps4 will need to be your primary ps4 whenever he wants to use your games.

Try restoring licenses on both PS4's again..

Edit: Are you logged in on both PS4's? that may cause an issue too..

No, As I deactivated my own ps4 then unplugged it and plugged my son`s ps4 in on my computer desk. I`m starting to wonder if the problem is some digital games I bought from the US store and maybe that's linked to the padlock appearing. LBP3 isn't really an issue to be honest as its so cheap now anyway.

No, As I deactivated my own ps4 then unplugged it and plugged my son`s ps4 in on my computer desk. I`m starting to wonder if the problem is some digital games I bought from the US store and maybe that's linked to the padlock appearing. LBP3 isn't really an issue to be honest as its so cheap now anyway.
The US store stuff will need you to put the US PSN you created to buy them on that system as well. If you haven't and make it primary etc.

This will mean you lose access to them on your machine unless you use the US account to play them.

Ah yes, there maybe an issue there as your US account would also need to be primary on the PS4 you want to play them on, so you may have an issue if you want to play US games on both PS4's from different accounts..

I`ve only made my UK account primary, I didn't realise you could make other non-uk accounts primary too. I`ll have to try that then. Cheers chaps. I guess this is the downside of game sharing when you try to save money by buying from the US store.

I`ve only made my UK account primary, I didn't realise you could make other non-uk accounts primary too. I`ll have to try that then. Cheers chaps. I guess this is the downside of game sharing when you try to save money by buying from the US store.
Its why i dont bother game sharing my US/Can accounts because I'd always want to play them on my UK account.

Your US account possibly defaulted your old PS4 as primary, otherwise you wouldn't have been able to play those games from your UK account (I think thats how it works)

God its so confusing. Putting together a wardrobe from MFI was never this hard! lol

Hi guys me and my son have a ps4 each,(in the same house) so is this the way to game share each other's games:
I deactivate my ps4 primary setting on my console and login on my sons ps4 and make his console my primary account and the same applies to my console for my son,
On my console I log into his profile and download games he has and log back into my own profile to play is that correct ?
When I want to buy a digital game what console do I use to buy the game,as my own console will not be my primary account console ?

Set his PS4 as your primary and yours as his.

Now the rocket science is out of the way.

Your sorted ;)

And if I want to buy a digital game what profile and console do I use to buy the game as my console is not my primary account console ?

And if I want to buy a digital game what profile and console do I use to buy the game as my console is not my primary account console ?
If you want to buy a digital game then log into your account and buy it. You'll surely be downloading it on both consoles so makes no difference as long as you just sign in and buy it on your account.

You can play it on your account on the non primary and anyone can play it on the console that is your primary.

Cheers bud for the info will give it ago now with my son

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom