1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Accessories

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by dups45, Aug 30, 2005.

1. dups45

dups45
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What accessories do you want to see on the next HDx? I came up with a list of stuff that i would like

Good Case
    Remote
    Cradle

well i did say it was a little list

2. Bacon_N_Cheese

Bacon_N_Cheese

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Protective, affordable case
    Radio add-on
    Docking Cradle
    Voice recorder add-on

3. sulk

sulk
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    All the things that were mentioned would be good, but also a microphone port, instead of just a voice recorder, that way you could connect it to other audio devices and record. Also a touchscreen, or wheel would be nice. They currently have scrolling devices on Hi-Md's, and theyre really useful. Actually i think the remote that has 40 in its model number has a scrolling bar, no idea if it works though with HD5

-sulk

4. Steven

Steven
    Senior Moderator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,211
    Maybe the voice rec will be inc?

But I've found HD players with voice rec are poor - this is based on messing with mates iRiver and Cowon players

Much better are digital dictators or a Sony Hi-MD player with dedicated mic attached.

Well, only need to do that if you're serious about rec

5. johnalkateb

johnalkateb
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Im a little annoyed at the fact that they didnt include a remote with the HD5. Very dissapointing from a top range HD player from sony. I mean look at the MD players even the mid range ones have some sort of remote. Also as for casing i think yes there should be a better one. Although im going to get the silicon sony one tomorrow and for £10 its not too bad to pay for. Also i strongly agree on the dockin cradle i loved my minidisc for having one.

Shame really because accesories wise they got it right a few years back. Now seems its going abit down. However i still love my HD5 and i wouldnt consider going back.