Accessing Yahoo Mail on the Nokia 5800

SCOTTHUGHES74

Standard Member
Reaction score
Difficult to know where to post this, as I don't quite know whether the issue lies with the phone, service provider or web portal, but I'm unable to access my Yahoo Mail account on my Nokia 5800 (network is Virgin Mobile).

I'm able to get online with the phone, as well as check gmail and blueyonder accounts - yet when I try and sign in on the Yahoo Mail homepage, my username and password are not recognised. They work when I access my account from my PC, so there's no issue with the mail account - does anyone have any idea of what I'm doing wrong? I was told that accessing Yahoo Mail on my phone was as simple as going to the homepage and signing in as normal, but I'm wondering if I need to alter certain setting etc.

I know this doesn't probably help much but I can log on OK to Yahoo on my 5800 (edit - it's on O2 though I can do it through my wireless router)

Couple of possibles:

1) Your login is case sensitive so is your phone capitalising the first letter of your username (not sure this makes much difference) or password (this will)

2) You do have images enabled as the login uses a picture as the bit you need to "click" - if you have images disabled you won't be able to see it

3) Try logging into another Yahoo service other than mail - eg My Yahoo then getting to the mail that way

Hope this helps (though not sure it will)...

(edit 4 - if you think its your network provider, log in through a wireless network - if you can do it through this but not Yahoo then there is an issue with Virgin - can't see why there would be but given up trying to understand the world of network providers :) !)

Thanks for that - logging into the Yahoo homepage and THEN Mail seems to have solved the problem. Don't know why!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom