Accessing USB Media on DLNA devices - Belkin Play Max N600 Router

nitishvarma

Standard Member
I Have the following network -
Router: Belkin Play Max N600 HD Wireless N Dual Band Router (F7D4301au)
Devices Connected -
(1) HP Pavilion Desktop
(2) Lenovo Laptop
(3) Samsung Galaxy S I9000 smartphone
(4) Sony Bravia KDL-40ex520 LED TV using UWA-BR100 USB Wireless LAN adapter
I can connect to the internet on all.
I can access Media servers of Desktop or Laptop on my smartphone and TV (and on each other).
I can access Network Drives (connected to USB port of the Belkin router) on Laptop, Desktop, and the "File Expert" app on my smartphone.
However, I cannot access the USB network drive on the router as a DLNA server either using "Allshare" Samsung app on my smartphone or on the Television; even though the Desktop media servers can be accessed by Allshare and the TV.

Belkin manual for the router claims that-
"Music Mover sends music from a USB drive attached to your Router to any UPnP (Universal Plug-and-Play) or DLNA-compatible device on your network. These devices include certain gaming systems, televisions, Blu-ray players, and cell phones."
Ref to Page 16 on manual - http://cache-www.belkin.com/support/dl/man_f7d4301_v1_8820-00380_playmax_router.pdf Can you please guide me how to 'send music' on the network using the abovementioned option, as this was the major reason for choice for purchase.

Last edited by a moderator:

spyder viewer

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Trinnov Room Optimiser: A full explanation of Trinnov and its room optimiser technology
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom