1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Accessing the "other" 80gig on a PVR3

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by sbaddison, Oct 23, 2005.

1. sbaddison

sbaddison

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Hi :hiya:

Seeing as the Sky+ PVR3 has a 160gig hard drive installed, has anylone found a way of using the remaining 80gig not available to the user??

There must be a clever person out there somewhere :lease:

Cheers,

Simon

2. Knyght_byte

Knyght_byte

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +599
    havnt seen anyone here posting about it yet.......or on digital spy forums, altho i havnt been there for a week.......

assuming its a normal HDD, you could probably take it out and format it in a computer and take out the partition..........but i wouldnt like to say if the new PVR3's have some kind of chip that will recognise you have done this and report it to sky........

tbh u might just be better of buying a cheap DVD-R like i have to help free up space on the HDD...lol
    (panasonic DRMES10....nice machine, works easily and well, especially for the money)

3. fortean

fortean

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +71
    I don't think it will report to Sky if you change it since the Sky+ box belongs to you; so it's yours to do with as you please. But what if the hidden part of the disk is being used for something else. It is possible that they are using some form of RAID system or just simple mirroring.

4. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    It's probable that the operating system will see that the formatting has been changed, and re-format it.