1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Accessing Sky Digital outside of the UK

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by Just_Dabbling, Oct 17, 2002.

1. Just_Dabbling

Just_Dabbling

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I was wondering if anybody had any information on how you can access Sky Digital from outside of the UK.

My parents are moving to Portugal and my dad dosen't want to miss his footy.

I'm sure I have read posts from people in Germany and so forth and I know they had a bigger dish, but what about reciever, and subsciption card, and even worse "PHONE LINE" ?????/

Can anyone help, I'm sorry but I have searched the forums and I cannot find anything.

Thanks in advance

2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    Only a SKY digibox and SKY smartcard can recieve FTV or subscription TV broadcasts on the SKY digital platform.
    So if he already has a digibox and subscription he can use that hardware and just get a new dish installed in Portugal from a local dealer.
    The phone line is only required in the first 12 months of a subsidised install and then it's rarely checked.

I assume billing must still be from a UK bank and have a UK billing address so maybe that could be in your name.

More info here..............SKY Overseas

3. Just_Dabbling

Just_Dabbling

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks very much for the information, that was brilliant, everything I needed.