1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

accessing service mode, and making adjustments

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Halo2nut, Jun 13, 2005.

1. Halo2nut

Halo2nut

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Is there a common way to access service mode, and make adjustments, or is there a place were I can get the service manual for my proj.

I ask, because It seems that the picture has two parts, and one part is slid over, creating somewhat of a shadow or a ghost. Someone mentioned to me about accessing the service mode and adjusting it, but I cant figure out how.

It is a Proxima DP-9200

Thanks
    Brian =)

2. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    It's not a wise thing to do unless you have a service manual. Make the wrong adjustment, and you could have a very expensive door stop :rolleyes:

Service manuals are not usually sold to the general public, only recognised dealers.

3. Halo2nut

Halo2nut

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Im not afraid of trying it, because I have some electronics experience, and I already tried adjusting the pots on the mainboard, which fixed a smaller problem and made it clearer, but did not fix the ghost, or more like a shifted image problem. I was told by someone else who had the same proj. that they accessed the service menu, and adjusted the picture back together, by holding 2 buttons at the same time. But they had to readjust every 4-5 months or so because these proj. are known for that problem.

Im not afraid to try anything, because if I dont get the shifted image fixed, I will eventually buy another proj.

Brian =)