1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

accessing panny 5 service menu

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by allanrose, Dec 26, 2002.

1. allanrose

allanrose
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    followed the thread - tried the key presses .......vol (-) + 3xstatus button......but nothing happens! Infact non of the buttons on the front of the unit work which is probably why! I have the unit connected to the panny tuner - is this why?

Further, the menu's which come up when pressing 'setup' say is nothing like the one shown in the screen's manual but is the one shown in the tuner's manual (Is this normal and is there a way of accessing the former again?)

all I'm trying to do is check the resolution being received from my denon 2800II dvd - to see if I'm getting progressive pal or not - you'll see this on other threads I've posted

I'd appreciate you're help, thanks in anticipation!

Cheers!

2. allanrose

allanrose
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    pressing channel (-) on the tuner box and status button x1 brings up the service menu.....well actually a 'status' or self test report, where you can't actually access anything

BUT it seems to enable extra reports when you select the status button - in particular a comment that I have '16:9 progressive input' when I select AV4C.......which is the confirmation I was looking for!

3. NeilMcRae

NeilMcRae

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Yes this is really useful! Thanks. Although it does seem to reset the tuner to factory settings so beware. But the extra info is fantastic.

Neil.

4. GlynH

GlynH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Are you saying that just by going into the service mode menu and coming out (without changing anything) that when you press the status button it gives extra info (such as incoming scan rate etc.)

Is this a permanent setting - ie. does it last even after the display is switched off and then back on again?

Dies it work for every input?

What other info does it actually give?

Is this just with the Panasonic tuner box connected or will it work just on the display itself?

Thanks & regards,
    -=Glyn=-

5. allanrose

allanrose
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    BUT it seems to enable extra reports when you select the status button - in particular a comment that I have '16:9 progressive input' when I select AV4C.......which is the confirmation I was looking for!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Are you saying that just by going into the service mode menu and coming out (without changing anything) that when you press the status button it gives extra info (such as incoming scan rate etc.)

yes...but you only get the comment '16:9 progressive input' when you select AV4C

Is this a permanent setting - ie. does it last even after the display is switched off and then back on again?

yes

Dies it work for every input?

yes but you don't appear to get any extra info

What other info does it actually give?

none

Is this just with the Panasonic tuner box connected or will it work just on the display itself?

dunno, I only have the tuner box as an input