• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Access to Service Menu WITHOUT remote? Panny TH-50PZ85U (yes, disabled remote)

nater

Standard Member
Yes,
You guessed it. I disabled the remote completely in the service menu.

YES YES YES, I know...this is an advanced menu for service technicians. Unfortunately, I read about that AFTER I got in.

Anyway,
It seems the only way in is by pressing the vol Down (-) on the TV and the "info" button on the remote (3 times)....

But since I disabled my remote, how am I to get back in????

I have no "info" option on the TV itself to get me there. Is there another combo of buttons (that exist on the TV itself) that will get me there?

nater

Standard Member
Guys,

For the help of others in the future, if you have an answer please provide it.

But I was able to get back to the service menu and "fix" the issue. Somehow I changed my "RM SET" to B from A. Changed it back and all is well.

Unfortunately I have no idea how I got back to the menu...What I did was power on the set and held the volume down (-) button in combination with one more...and kept moving down the line (was either TV/Video, Menu, or OK).

Because I doubted it would get me to the menu I didn't pay any attention. :D

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom