Access runtime and filtering

Discussion in 'Computer Software & Operating Systems' started by Stiggy, Jun 24, 2011.

1. Stiggy

Stiggy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,019
    Where I work we have a very old Access database. It works in the full version of Access 2010 with all the clever filtering options accessible via a right-click in the form boxes. These are the default Access settings, not anything in the database.

If I try to use Access 2010 runtime then the right-click filtering options vanish. I'd rather not use the full £200 if it's not necessary.

There is some information in the link below of getting the filtering options back, but I'm not a good enough developer to understand it. Can anyone help?

Please help: Can not "Filter" forms in Runtime, only in Full Acces

2. Stiggy

Stiggy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,019
    OK, perhaps a bit more detail would help.

Apparently, the right-click menu option I want (which includes the filtering options) is available in Access 2010 runtime.

The instructions for creating a Module are what I'm having problems understanding:
    Can anyone explain the steps I need to add this into the database? I have the full version of Access for this purpose.