Access runtime and filtering

Stiggy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Where I work we have a very old Access database. It works in the full version of Access 2010 with all the clever filtering options accessible via a right-click in the form boxes. These are the default Access settings, not anything in the database.

If I try to use Access 2010 runtime then the right-click filtering options vanish. I'd rather not use the full £200 if it's not necessary.

There is some information in the link below of getting the filtering options back, but I'm not a good enough developer to understand it. Can anyone help?

Please help: Can not "Filter" forms in Runtime, only in Full Acces

OK, perhaps a bit more detail would help.

Apparently, the right-click menu option I want (which includes the filtering options) is available in Access 2010 runtime.

The instructions for creating a Module are what I'm having problems understanding:
I've create a Module (RightClick) and a Function inside the module (FiltersMenu). The code of the Function is simply this:
CommandBars.ExecuteMso ("FiltersMenu")

This will run the default 'code' that opens the FiltersMenu MSO. I then create a row in my Right Click macro as follows:
Macro Name = Filter and Sort (this can be anything, of course)
Action = RunCode
Arguments = FiltersMenu()

My next question is:
Is this the only and/or correct way to be doing this? Or is there a more direct/correct way that keeps it all in the Macro?

FiltersMenu
12-Jan-10

I've gotten this menu to work as you've described (as well as other things), but is it possible to have an entry that toggles the default FiltersMenu on the selection?

The menu I'm talking about, just to be clear, is located in 'full' access by going to Home - Filters and Sorts - big Filter button, which will toggle the FiltersMenu on the currently selected field.

I know the menu exists in run-time, as I've create a menu bar with the button and it works exactly as it should. The only problem is that I cannot for the life of me figure out how to make a macro that does the same.

Can anyone explain the steps I need to add this into the database? I have the full version of Access for this purpose.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom