acceptable replacement for a KD-75XG8796

poggs

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello learned friends.

Ive a KD-75XG8796 that i purchased from sony direct in july.

Its got a dead bug under the screen (yes really!) and sony have offered to replace the tv with a like for like model from the certified refurbished range.

If they dont have an exact copy, what should I expect from this years range that is of the same quality?

Dont want to accept a serious downgrade, for other than the dead beastie, I like the telly.

Hello learned friends.

Ive a KD-75XG8796 that i purchased from sony direct in july.

Its got a dead bug under the screen (yes really!) and sony have offered to replace the tv with a like for like model from the certified refurbished range.

If they dont have an exact copy, what should I expect from this years range that is of the same quality?

Dont want to accept a serious downgrade, for other than the dead beastie, I like the telly.

It's quite common unfortunately. At least Sony are good and swap the television in cases like this. Just ask them what they are going to swap it for and then come back and let us know.

I had a 75" XE9405 which I loved then a couple of months back the screen just went blank and that was the end of my stunning TV.
I got in touch with Sony (luckily I had the 5 year Sony warranty) and was told the screen has failed which required a replacement, Sony then said they had no screens available.
I was then offered a brand new XH9505 as a replacement and I am over the moon with it.
It may be worth you seeing if they can get anywhere close to offering you an XH9505, even if you have to add a bit of money for the uplift to a better top spec TV.

The 75XH90 is more or less the successor at this size (an upgraded set though with fald) but no longer has an IPS panel. If the viewing angle plays a role perhaps see if they still have the 75XG95 (failing that then the XH95 version). Viewing angle would be a solid argument to push for one of these latest two :D ;) ;) (since they promoted the XG85 for it's viewing angles iirc; edit: they specifically did that for the XF85)

Last edited:
Thanks. I sit right in front, so viewing angles no issue. I got the 8796 as it was all they had left in july!

Replacement arrived today.

A brand new KD-75XG8796 was supplied. So they must still have some kicking about in the warehouse.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom