1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

acceptable amount of dead pixels?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by lotusman1, Feb 13, 2004.

1. lotusman1

lotusman1
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    My ptae200 has 8hrs on the clock and has developed a dead pixel smack bang in the middle of the screen!Is this deemed as acceptable or am i being too fussy!

Regards marc.

2. They

They
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What's acceptable is entirely up to you. What the manufacturers state as their quality level doesn't affect your statutory rights, which include having all the pixels working.

However, your statutory rights don't guaranty that it's possible to produce a product perfect for you. If a manufacturer can't actually guaranty you that every pixel will be working then it's up to you to decide whether to buy from them, or subdequently have a refund.

3. chic

chic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +871
    is it a dead pixel or a lit pixel? if its green it should be replaced but if its red or blue you will have to have a few before they will replace.

4. lotusman1

lotusman1
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    chic,yes the pixel is green and right in the middle of the screen!Bought the pj from discount tv last august but only set it up on saturday due to house sales falling through,as i said it's only got 8hrs run time.

Regards marc.

5. VirusKiller

VirusKiller

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +70
    According to Panasonic, one green pixel is unacceptable. You shouldn't have any problems getting it fixed/replaced.

6. chic

chic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +871
    get onto ben at discount electrical and they should be able to help, the policy with the 100 was if you had one green pixel the unit will be replaced, i dont know if this has changed but discount electrical should know

7. rizla

rizla

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Same happened to me too .....contact Discount TV and they should sort it out. However mine took 2 months to get back so be prepared for a wait...