1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Accent Htpc Case / Dign Cooling Advice Needed

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by zypheruk, May 9, 2003.

1. zypheruk

zypheruk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all, looking some advice on cooling a Acccent HTPC case formerly DIGN, heres whats in my case:

msi kt400 8x agp mb

xp2.2 gig cpu

1 gig pc333 ddr ram

msi geforce4 ti4200 8xagp

hauppage nexus-s dvb satellite card

pioneer ao5 dvd burner

16x dvd rom drive

2 x maxtor 120gig hds

Now bare in mind this pc needs to be near silient nothing worse than listening to noisy fans during a quite scene in a movie, and most importantly cool.

Im thinking of a Copper Thermalright SLK-900 if it fits on the m/b, with large papst fan and 1x front papst 8cm intake fan, and 2 x 6cm for the rear but dont no which make for the rear. GFX im thinking of removing the fan and replacing it with a Zalman vga cooler, will it b enough to cool the card. And I also want to remove the northbridge fan and replace with a large heatsink.

So if anyone has tried this, any feedback would be great I dont want to waste alot of money on cooling if it dont work.

Thanks folks

2. Rob.Screene

Rob.Screene

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    I put a Zalman chipset cooler on my KT266A desktop board. The temperature actually went down.

I'm about to put the Zalman 300W psu in my Dign case, when Amtrack manage to find us in. Mind you, a Radeon DDR, 40GB 5400rpm drive, 25GB 5400rpm drive and 2GHz P4 are probably going to generate only about 60% of the heat of the setup you mention.

regards,
    Rob.

3. ReTrO

ReTrO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    I've got a heatpipe cooler on my GF4 Ti4400 and it says cool.