• Apologies for the inconvenience, but AVForums will be offline from 6am Thursday 21st January 2021 for a few hours while we perform a major update to our core software. See what changes are coming.

AC130 v Chopper Gunner

AC130 or Chopper Gunner

• AC130

Votes: 14 21.2%
  • Chopper Gunner

Votes: 52 78.8%

• Total voters

xWAKEYx

Novice Member
If I had the choice I'd take the chopper gunner.

As whenever I get the AC130 usually only through care packages, it dosent get me many kills, where as the chopper gunner its finger to the trigger and away you go!

As you only get the AC130 for a limited time (30secs or 1min?), I panic and try firing as quick as i can. Fire off the cannon then switch to the next gun which has limited ammo, then onto the machine gun and recycle the process.

Or does anyone have any tips on how to use the AC130 to better effect?

I chose Chopper Gunner because i play mostly FFA. AC130 is better in Team games than FFA as you can get more multi kills, but i'd probably still choose the Chopper Gunner over it.

AC130 can shoot down a Chopper Gunner though, and it's harder to shoot down itself. Chopper Gunners tend to get shot down quite quickly these days.

@ Kronie - it's Y ;)

qwerty321

i use the chopper gunner over the AC-130, never ever did work out how to cycle through its weapons:facepalm: probably easy but am damned if i could work out what button.
You press Y.

Same as the mission "Death from above" in COD4. Also the same button to change weapons.

Chopper gunner for me. The one time I unlocked it though my 11 killstreak was on Skidrow. The most useless map for air support. That disheartened me because I go no kills with it.

Although got one through a care package the other day on Terminal. Must have taken out at least 10 people!

scanz

Distinguished Member
I've seen some people cause some real damage with the AC130, so i'd say if you can use it properly then it's definitely the better one.

However Chopper Gunner is just so easy for anyone to use.

The Bass

Novice Member
i use the chopper gunner over the AC-130, never ever did work out how to cycle through its weapons:facepalm: probably easy but am damned if i could work out what button.
Y :D.

I use the AC130 but only because I'm going for 1000 kills with it, it will be like christmas come early when I go back to the chopper and get twice as many kills. I still like using the AC130 though as it is far more challenging than holding down the fire button :smashin:.

Skidrow. The most useless map for air support. That disheartened me because I go no kills with it.
I did exactly the same :facepalm:

If you can get the chopper gunner on Rundown or Wasteland it is devastating.

Me and Mcmad were fighting over the 'Nuke Hut' on Rundown earlier. Managed to get a chopper gunner on one of the games and it was a massacre. The other game we played on Rundown he got one but i shot it down :devil:

DR Kronenbourg

Y :D.

I use the AC130 but only because I'm going for 1000 kills with it, it will be like christmas come early when I go back to the chopper and get twice as many kills. I still like using the AC130 though as it is far more challenging than holding down the fire button :smashin:.
aaah i had been trying LB+RB+LT+Start+Stop+Kettle Switch:rotfl:

GBDG1

Distinguished Member
The key to the AC-130 is to hit their spawn with the big missle and not waste it on picking off an individual, basically an easy triple or quad kill. If you can do this 4 times then it's 12-16 easy kills. It works better on some maps than others.

Chopper gunner is just easy kills but not as much fun.

MrStinky

Novice Member
Chopper gunner for hovering around for ages raping their spawn points (guilty pleasure) AC130 for a few seconds tearing it up with a massive gun, then getting back into the action quickly.

D

Deleted member 152499

I use the AC130 but only because I'm going for 1000 kills with it
Glad its not just me taking on that ridiculous challenge :thumbsup: Only ~750 more kills to go for me.......

Personally, I think the Chopper Gunner is the better of the two rewards, as I tend to get waaaaaaay more kills with it. But as mentioned above, I'm hammering the AC130 until I've got 1k kills with it, then I'll be back to the CG from that moment on.

The Bass

Novice Member
Glad its not just me taking on that ridiculous challenge :thumbsup: Only ~750 more kills to go for me.......

Personally, I think the Chopper Gunner is the better of the two rewards, as I tend to get waaaaaaay more kills with it. But as mentioned above, I'm hammering the AC130 until I've got 1k kills with it, then I'll be back to the CG from that moment on.
:clap: I made it to just over 500 in my 1st prestige (I think I got the 500th kill in one of my posted videos actually) but since prestiging a second time I've only got about 50 kills in the first 25+ ranks. I'd like to get it done before prestiging again so I don't have to unlock it but it's not looking likely...

richard1875

Novice Member

Me and Mcmad were fighting over the 'Nuke Hut' on Rundown earlier. Managed to get a chopper gunner on one of the games and it was a massacre. The other game we played on Rundown he got one but i shot it down :devil:
I also had a big zero with an AC130 on Skidrow.:suicide: I did manage to get my omnicide and crab meat challenges with chopper gunner on Rundown.:clap:

He4rt

Standard Member
I got 20+ kills today with an Ac130 on wasteland. For some unknown reason the CG just doesn't work as well for me.

Lalonde

Have yet to unlock the AC130, but will give it a good go when I do.

After struggling to get just one Chopper Gunner, I played a few games over the the weekend and got 3 in a row on Invasion, Estate and Scrapyard (my 2nd, 3rd and 4th ever). Got a sum total of 4 kills from them :facepalm: Sooo dissapointed.

On Invasion everyone cowered in the buildings and when some people did make a dash for it the tall peripheral buildings got in the way; 1 kill.

On Estate the enemy were in the main house or near the green house as my chopper was over the other side so couldn't get any line of site. Then when a few did spawn elsewhere I only got 3 kills and 2 assists. ASSISTS? AAAAAHHHH!

On Scrapyard it got shot out of the sky within seconds of turning up on the battlefield; No kills.

I've gone back to Pave Low now - easier to get, hardy, stays around for ever and it has a better gunner. :)

PRODIGY8

Novice Member
Chopper Gunner for me :thumbsup:

Helped me get my highest killstreak of 30.

I like the idea of the AC130 as its harder to shoot down, but everytime i've used it I don't get nowhere near the amount of kills I get with the Choppa

Sniper Ash6

Distinguished Member
AC130 as its much more fun and cooler

The chopper gunner is stupidly overpowered and should be nerfed

They both stay for 40 seconds, something i realised the other day is the AC130 has a countdown timer in the bottom right corner showing how long you have left

qwerty321

Nuke hut? Please do tell more . . .

The Bass

Novice Member
They both stay for 40 seconds, something i realised the other day is the AC130 has a countdown timer in the bottom right corner showing how long you have left
Are you sure the CG stays for the same time? I always thought it was quite a lot longer. The AC130 also doesn't get the full 40, in fact it's closer to 30 as I think it starts just before 40 and ends on 4ish.

sdb123

Distinguished Member
Nuke hut? Please do tell more . . .
Is that the shed/hut by the Garage? I always thought the Garage and under the bridge were the Nuke locations of choice on Rundown. :facepalm:

sdb123

Distinguished Member
Are you sure the CG stays for the same time? I always thought it was quite a lot longer. The AC130 also doesn't get the full 40, in fact it's closer to 30 as I think it starts just before 40 and ends on 4ish.
Maybe it feels longer than 40 seconds when you're on the receiving end of it?!

I must admit, I thought the Chopper Gunner stayed until you were killed (as in your soldier being killed whilst prone).

markie g

Distinguished Member
chopper gunner is way to easy to get and can get you many more kills than the AC130 IMHO, AC130 and chopper gunner should be the other way round.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...

Latest News

Cyrus Audio announces soundBuds2 in-ear headphones
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Audio Research launches Reference 80S power amplifier
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
What's new on Netflix UK for February 2021
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
NAD launches CI 16-60 DSP amplifier
  • By Andy Bassett