AC Power Supplies

D

dskphoto

I bought a Sharp Camcorder (vl-z1h) from Comet at the weekend. Manager's special, unit only for £30. I thought at that price and also the fact that it came with a 12 month guarantee it would be worth a gamble.

I have been looking around the web for accessories, so far I have bought a charger and two batteries for £20, DV cable for £5 and downloaded the manual for free from Sharp.

I also wanted to get an AC power supply but can only find Sharp's own make with retails around £90, considering what I paid for the cam and the price of 2nd hand cams on ebay this is too much.

So basically my question is can you use a generic AC power supply for camcorders ? I know the supplier says you must use their own make, but doing some maths (If I remember my ohm's law correctly !) the power consumption is 3.6W and the DC is 7.4V so I am looking at around 500 milliamps current ? Are manufactorer's power supplies that cost for a reason or is there just a huge mark-up ?

thanks in advance

D

dskphoto

Thanks K, :thumbsup:

don't know how I didn't spot them, tried all sort of searches on ebay.

The latest video from AVForums

The Best Movies and TV Shows Coming To Amazon Prime Video in August 2020. Tom's Thumbs.
Top Bottom