Absorbing sheets?

badbob

Banned
Any recommendations for sticking something on the wall behind the speaker to improve sound quality? Treble seems a little splashy. Supposed to improve it and reduce echo?:confused:

albriscoe

Distinguished Member
Any recommendations for sticking something on the wall behind the speaker to improve sound quality? Treble seems a little splashy. Supposed to improve it and reduce echo?:confused:

Hi Bob :hiya:

My son in law who designs and builds recording studios would without doubt recommend you to use acoustic anechoic foam. Its available in sheets and not very expensive, its not flat but has an egg box (not exactly egg box more like pyramids)type finish on one side if you not what I mean and is paintable to match your walls

Hope that helps

Allan :smashin:

inzaman

I will try this in room acoustics for you :cool:

mattym

Banned
Hi Bob :hiya:

My son in law who designs and builds recording studios would without doubt recommend you to use acoustic anechoic foam. Its available in sheets and not very expensive, its not flat but has an egg box (not exactly egg box more like pyramids)type finish on one side if you not what I mean and is paintable to match your walls

Hope that helps

Allan :smashin:

i would suggest not painting it, as it would stop it working as efficiently unless you use non-bridging paint.

there are many foam manufacturers out there, have a look in the powerbuys..

also look at DIY solutions, foam isnt the most efficient material out there, especially the cheap stuff off of ebay...rockwool can be better

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom