1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Absolutely no idea what I need!

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by JXBURNS, Jan 31, 2001.

1. JXBURNS

JXBURNS
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This home cinema stuff is all new to me but I know I want it!

I have a Pioneer DVD 626, Panasonic Sky Digibox, Sony SLVBSR90 Video and a Sony KV32DS60U Digital TV.

At the moment all the peripherals plug into the TV via the 3 scart sockets and then straight to the speakers from the TV. Sound is pretty poor from the TV particularly on the rear speakers. My room is quite small at about 4m x 3.5m (about 14ft x 12ft)

What I am after is the benefit of home cinema but not spending much more than say £700. I would also need some idea of how the units would be connected together. At the moment if I record from the TV to the video, the playback quality is not very sharp despite the video being brand new. I suspect there is some sort of interference from one of the other units but what?

Thanks in advance

John

2. Reiner

Reiner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    700 quid is a tough one, but how about a Yamaha DSP-A5 partnere with some Tannoy Mercury or Mx series speakers? That should just fit, including some (S-Video <> Scart) adapter cables to route the video signals through the amp (we are lazy, aren't we?).
    A direct connection (using RGB) would be better though.

Not sure about the recording problem, why not disconnect other sources and try again to narrow down the problem?