Absolutely disgusting customer service from Virgin Media

Khans

I have been a VM customer for 7+ years and I recommended my Sister to virgin media broadband when she got married and moved houses, Anyway before she even moved in her husband was diagnosed with cancer and sadly passed(aged 23). she got the broadband From Virgin media and Sky tv were both never used, She had no problems with cancelling her sky contract and sky cancelled and did not ask for no cancelation fee or anything. Virgin media on the other hand did charge a cancelation fee which fair enough is up to them as business is business. my sister paid £52 odd and then the woman said the cancelation system is down and we will call you back if any problems. My sister checked her account and the money was has come out of her account. and thought that to be the end of the matter.

2 Months later virgin media have phoned up my sister saying you owe us for 2 months and my sister explained what had happened previous and the reason for cancelling as she never lived in the house and her husband passed before they even moved in and that she had paid the cancellation fee, he passed it to a second man who then started from the beginning and she then had to explain why she wanted to cancel all over again he then passed it on a third time and by this time she did not really want to explain all again and said just tell me what you think owe you and i will pay just please cancel and leave me alone the man said £112 odd and she said ok as she was about to pay the man, he then said it is not the end of the matter we will still pursue you for the remainder of your contract and my sister said what do you mean as you said i owe you for 2 months which is £65ish and you changing around £45 extra is that not the cancelation charge the man started to get rude and loud and my sister hung up the phone and rang me in tears I never usually post this sort of stuff up but really upset with VM at the moment.

SteveU30

Distinguished Member
Just post the story on their twitter or Facebook, they'll soon be in touch...

Khans

good idea

Steve356

Distinguished Member
If still unresolved, contact BBC Watchdog and/or Rogue Traders. Virgin will definitely contact you then and probably refund everything. They hate bad press, especially on a TV programme watched by millions.

Last edited:

Khans

If still unresolved, contact BBC Watchdog and/or Rogue Traders. Virgin will definitely contact you then and probably refund everything. They hate bad press, especially on a TV programme watched by millions.

I phoned on behalf of my sister and after they contacted me when i posted on Facebook and finally got the contract ended and paid them £107 cancellation fee.

Can't believe you would pay a cancellation fee. I would have told them to shove it.
One call to the local press and they would have been refunding you. In fact- you should still do that

Khans

Wanted the matter ended. Would of ended on the same day if the idiot on the phone would have just done it instead of threatening that "this is not the end of the matter" when she was going to pay originally.

The latest video from AVForums

Are the TCL MiniLED TVs better than OLED? TCL Interview with Marek Maciejewski | AVForums Podcast
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom