Absolutely AMAZING

Elvis is 3d projected/hologram results are AMAZING :thumbsup:

Pete

:eek::cool::smashin: Yup that was truely amazing, however that was no way a 3d projection or hologram as I'm sure (without the aid of water mists) that isn't possible just yet (unless you're George Lucas :D). However it was very clever computer editing (ala Steve Maqueen Bullitt/Ford commercial).

BTW is this from an old episode or is this going to be shown on this Sunday's special?

Celine Dion will hopefully next duet with the Boston Strangler or Ted Bundy.

dont know I dont watch it i just found it on another forum, it didnt mention that cgi was used thats why i found it jaw droppingly fantastic

Pete

Sorry LGS, not a big Celine fan. I believe she takes herself too seriously. Canada's best export is still Bill Shatner.

Rubbish. All they've done is track the original elvis footage , match the live camera moves and pulled a rather nasty lumakey from the original footage.

Some of the footage when we see "Elvis" from behind looks like a stand-in: you never see anything pass in front of Elvis except when you can't see his face.

Its not even well composited.

Didnt ITV have a one of show with singers and bands singing with singers of the past, that was done pretty well done too.

They could just have the main artist perform solo, record that, and then put the other one in ala green green, we dont know if the audience can actually see both till the fx are finished.

I told you he was not really dead and lived in a old folks home in Basingstoke .. :)

Lis@~~ good afternoon :thumbsup:

KD Lang sings rugby songs. Available at all good outlets now!

Guys does anyone know how I can download this to my pc, as I want to put it on my Zen to show my mum, she loves elvis and would be thrilled to see this.

Here's an explanation of the process...

oh look I was right what a surprise. This is kid's stuff.

I could have done the whole thing myself in about a week and made the lighting and grading match. The crudeness of their luma keying is obvious even on the you tube version.

I have nothing against messing with footage of deceased stars but at least show some respect and do a quality job. Elvis deserved better.

oh look I was right what a surprise. This is kid's stuff.

I could have done the whole thing myself in about a week and made the lighting and grading match. The crudeness of their luma keying is obvious even on the you tube version.

I have nothing against messing with footage of deceased stars but at least show some respect and do a quality job. Elvis deserved better.

It's not THAT bad... Look, it was knocked up for a poor talent show obviously by some kids who work behind the scenes. It went down well with millions of viewers over in the US. Ok, so it's not Spielberg quality, but it's enjoyable fodder nonetheless.

Guys does anyone know how I can download this to my pc, as I want to put it on my Zen to show my mum, she loves elvis and would be thrilled to see
this.

If you use Firefox, go to the Firefox add-on site (click Tools >> Add-ons and then Find more extensions). Search for VideoDownloader. Install the add-on and restart Firefox.

On the status bar of Firefox will be an icon of a movie reel with a blue floppy disk infront of it. Go to the youtube address and then click on that icon. A window will appear with a downloadable link to the content.

I've been using this for months. Very handy and works on a lot of video sites! :)

Moosh

PS: If you wanted to convert the downloaded "flv" file to another format, there are loads of tools that allow you to do that as well.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom