Absolute power corrupts absolutely

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Dancook, Sep 20, 2007.

1. Dancook

Dancook
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,032
    Look into my eyes, look into my eyes... Ok just for a moment imagine,

You are invulnerable, you have the ability to shapeshift, become invisible, fly, walk through walls, x-ray vision, use telekinesis, use psychokensis and fire lightning bolts out your arse.

And anything else you could possibly imagine, you can do it and no one could stop you.

What would YOU do? Do you believe you could use your powers for the good of the people, or do you believe you would become corrupt and only find pleasure in the misery and suffering of others.

I am quite sure I would corrupt quite easily, I'm a massive fan of computer gaming and take great pleasure in going off track - getting chased by the police, killing the innocent etc.. Don't take this too seriously, I know the difference between reality and gaming, gaming is a good way to get disconnected from the real world - but I'm probably on the verge of addiction, now I just feel like I need to justify everything I say so you don't think I'm mad... I'm not the kind of gamer who gives up their job, girlfriend and life so they can get more gaming into the day, hopefully I strike up a good balance - and when I don't my Fiance sure lets me know.

If you've watched spiderman 3, seen the scene in the bar where Peter Parker shows up MJ just to hurt her. Then takes on a few bouncers... well this is what I'm talking about, to a degree, obviously with this absolute power I talk of.. in one move you could decide to demolish the building or city.. should someone have sneezed if your direction.. you can cook the fool.

I suppose there needs to be a balance in the world, so whereas I might choose evil.. I'm sure someone will choose good in spite of me.

And you're back in the room..

2. bongo123

bongo123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +38
    I'd probably go down in History as the worst human being of all time:devil:.... that is until the wife or me ma found out and put a stop to my shenanigans

3. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,861
    Hi,

IN all honesty, I'd use any special power I had bestowed upon me, for both good and bad purposes. :eek: I'd certainly help people where I could, but I'd have no problems with using my power to aid my own needs and life, on occasion. ;)

As for what power or ability I'd want, I wouldn't mind the ability to replicate/delete things. That would be cool, and then I could go around replicating police officers (to help sort out the crime problem in this country), but also use my ability to replicate money, ladies (so there are more of them), but also be able to get rid of scrotey chavs, criminals and morons. Oh, and I'll also start getting rid of several politicians, too. :D Maybe I could force some of them into becoming one party, rather than the messy lot we currently have.

Pooch