1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Absolute Disgrace !

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by sTTu, Feb 15, 2003.

1. sTTu

sTTu

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Having now got even more confused over which TV to go and buy (was up for a Pana TX36PL30 now swinging towards a Sony KV36FS76) I a find it absolutely disgraceful at the amount of faulty equipment that you guys seem to be getting. Is this stuff just rubbish ? or are you the small minority of unlucky people who get the 1% failure rate ? Why are manufacturers churning out such crap ?

I feel very hesitant at forking out 2000 quid on something where the picture may well be distorted, has artifacts, out of square etc etc etc and the have to fight tooth & nail to get the bugger fixed.

One good thing you've given me is the insight to steer clear of online dealers as I just dont have the time to fight them if there is a problem (I'm not saying they are all bad)

Does anyone have any good news?

I was going to buy a telly tomorrow.

Cheers !

sTTu

2. sr78

sr78
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I understand how you feel. I'm also about to buy a new telly, but all these posts have made me put it off for a while. You have to remember though that a lot of people here are very much into details (rightly so in many cases), so things that are disturbing them could go unnoticed by you.

3. topmba

topmba

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Just realise that you may need to go through a handful of sets before finding a good one. So factor the deliveries and returns into purchase decision.

Have you considered the Toshiba Strata range?

4. Rookies

Rookies

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +344
    Also I reckon we are a Small % of people here than the whole country who buys these tvs

5. rjw

rjw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    You have to bear in mind that people will complain loudly and publically if they get a faulty TV. However they won't say anything if they happen to have a perfectly normal, fully working unit.

N.B. threads merged

6. chris

chris

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    The problem is...once you get the HC bug (some may call it, the monkey), you will have probs with everything you buy......if you want to stay normal and be happy with what you buy......
    DO NOT READ FORUMS LIKE THIS.

But, i think it might be a bit late for you, as you have already change your mind on what TV to buy.

Most normal people.....my friends, family, workmates.......just go and buy what they like...they walk around the shops and as soon as they see the one they like the look of, they buy it.

My sister has just brought a cheap ol 24" widescreen TV....she thinks its brilliant....i had a play and it had more probs with it, than an old goodmans i used to own........they love their cheap DVD player......i would not of evern noticed it in the shop...one of my work mates, has a sort of HC setup...most people on here would laugh at...but he likes it and cannot find any probs with it.

If you read to many messages on here, i can promise you, you will buy your nice new TV and within a week will find some annoying prob with it, that normal people will not see.

I have just brought a new TV and DVD player and already found 2 probs with the TV and i wont start on my amp and speakers.

BE ADVISED...if you want to be happy with what you got (not just put up with it)

STAY AWAY FROM HERE....its twilght zone stuff........

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

7. Stiesto

Stiesto
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I totally agree there.

I've been in TV hell since October and I'm still on the lookout for a TV I'm happy with (well, at my budget which I find keeps increasing).

Never has the phrase "What you don't know can't hurt you" rang so true when it comes to TV buying. Most of the general public don't complain is simply because they don't have any reason to look for faults or even know what faults to look for. It's best if you dont know I say :smashin: .

8. sTTu

sTTu

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21

Yep ! Your right cos I did this with my car and now I've got 30Ks worth of metal on the drive that bugs the s**t out of me :mad:

I'm going to look at some TV's today, I've been offered whats a pretty good price on the TX36PL30 so unless the Sony impresses me big time, I think the Pana wins it.

I appreciate your feedback people !, but please, don't any of you ever buy anything from me :D :D :D

sTTu