About to receive Plasma !!!

P

Paulo88

Hi All,
Thanks to all the info within this forum I've splashed out on a Panasonic TH37PW7 and the Pioneer C402-s. I'm expecting the plasma today between 3 - 5pm.
Is there anything I need to look out for when receiving the goods. I ask because someone told me not to accept it if I see it layed down in the van. I was also told that I have to leave it for an hour before turning it on ? To me it all sounds like a load of B :censored: ks.

Responses :lease:

do not sign for it until you have inspected the glass..... undo 4 plastic clips on bottom of box and slide top off pull back plastic and inspect glass for cracks before signing, if you cant do this write "unchecked" on couriers sheet clearly and sign, print and date properly dont just scribble.

cheers hornydragon !

Some valid pointers there ! Knowing my look the box will rattle as soon as he takes it off the van ! :rotfl:

with regards to the not turning it on for an hour - this can be applied to most electrical items that has just been delivered, it is usually due to the item having been in a cold environment for hours (back of a truck, warehouse etc) so when you turn it on it is possible for condensation to occur and you know what water and electricity are like together.

the idea with the 1hr or so is to allow the item to reach room temp and reduce the risk of condensation etc.

regards
Gary

Cheers Gary,
Its gone be awful having the Plasma in a box and not turning it on for an hour, Oh well. Better safe than sorry !

***** EDIT ****** :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Its here !!!!!!!

I waited for 2 hours before i turned it on.

Let it warm up to room temperature and everything gets dry, then turn it on.

Was the glas panel ok?

2 hours pah!

My stand came with 5 nylon washers and 3 nylon isolators instead of 4 of each, so I ended up waiting 8 days before I could even turn the thing on (the first shipment of the missing part went AWOL in the post). Twas a very painful experience, but well worth the wait :)

I'm having to wait even longer than 2 hours ! I have a 2 year old son and as you can imagine he wants to help daddy set it up :mad:

Never mind once he's in bed its fun time ! England Vs Netherlands on Plasma, you can't wish for much more ! :clap:

Shteve said:
2 hours pah!

My stand came with 5 nylon washers and 3 nylon isolators instead of 4 of each, so I ended up waiting 8 days before I could even turn the thing on (the first shipment of the missing part went AWOL in the post). Twas a very painful experience, but well worth the wait :)
8 days? Double pah!! :p :D I had to wait over a month before I could use my plasma :rolleyes: Seems someone at Panasonic thought that nobody would ever use the pedestal stand with the Viera when the series was initially launched. :suicide: So I had a TV and no means of supporting/using it. Ahh just bitter memories now :censored:

:oops: :offtopic:

S.

Well, got it out the box and had a little play... WOW :thumbsup: :smashin:
What a screen, it has an excellent picture out of the box. The only problem is though that www.crystaltec.co.uk told me the unit came with 2 scart boards. But they've only sent 1. I know 1 sounds more likely judging the price, but hey if they say it comes with 2 then 2 I want !!!

Ps If any one knows what the best settings are for the TH37PW7 then please let me know !
I'm currently playing around with the THX thingy from the Lucasarts DVD's.

Paulo88 said:
...Ps If any one knows what the best settings are for the TH37PW7 then please let me know ! ...
Let's chant the AVForums mantra :D :p
Take it out of Dynamic picture mode

S.

and the 'lower brightness/contrast levels for first 200hrs or so' - do forum search for this topic :)

Gary

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom