1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

About to purchase 1st projector but worried about lip sync

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by 3wrLcs, Jan 11, 2004.

1. 3wrLcs

3wrLcs
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've been considering a projector for some time but have been put of by disliking lip sync problems. My amp which I don't want to change does not ahve a master delay. My question is therefore are there better and worse ways of operating a PJ with respect to minimising this problem. For instance does using DVI keep processing to a minimum and hence keep picture and sound together. I'd like to use component from a none PS source for the time being if possible.

I have one further novice question, do projectors e.g panasonic ae300 shoot 50% above and 50% below the axis through the lens i.e. does the projector have to be midway with respect to the screen. I wish to ceiling mount but don't want to keep hitting my head on the projector.
    :D

Brendan

2. WeirdFish

WeirdFish

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Most projectors sit level with the bottom/top of the screen. Some, like the Z2 have a optical lens shift that gives you freedom to locate it as you wish, within reason :)

I use a Z2 fed by a HK DVD25,component cables & prog scan. Sound driven by a marantz sr5200 and I have no probs with lipsync.

3. Bristol Pete

Bristol Pete

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +321
    I have a Panasonic AE300 and I use a Sony 730 DVD player to deliver progressive images. No lip synch issues what so ever.

Which is nice.

Cap:)

4. Chipster

Chipster
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I use a Z2 with a HK DVD25 player component /progressive and interlaced to a Yamaha DSP A2 amp with no lip sync problems.

You are more likely to suffer this problem using HCPC as a source, but even then there are many tweaks to resolve it.

5. 3wrLcs

3wrLcs
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    That's great news, now its just a case of finding someone who can demonstrate PJ's in Leictester or Nottingham.

Brendan