About to jump 'over the edge'

neil_short2

Established Member
Reaction score
Like a few others this month this is my first attempt at an entry.

The photo is of a toad in my garden about to jump 'over the edge' and into my pond. Hope you can tell from it's stance that it is about to jump (and it did).

toadcompetitionui5.jpg

Sony H5
1/250sec
F/4
ISO 125
16mm

Only post processing is some slight cropping. Hope the image meets with all the rules. Thanks

Let me be the first to congratulate you on your first entry :clap: ... very nerve racking...i should know cos this is only my second entry.

Your entry is good, very clear and sharp, however it would have been great to actually see the pond.

Now you can sit back and watch the rest of us put on our entries.

I wish I could've got into a position where you could see the pond also, I just couldn't get the angle to get the toad and the pond in as it was sat under where the water is pumped in where its nice and damp for him. He was off as soon as I got too close with the camera.

Well done on your first entry (of many I hope).

Nice capture - nailed the eyes. Shame about the shadow on the left, but overall good job!

I can only echo the other's comments. Welcome to the comp - I hope this is the 1st of many entries. It's a nice image of a frog but without your commentary it isn't obvious that the frog is about to jump over the edge. So the image isn't really on-theme for me. But please don't let this put you off.

Good shot:thumbsup:.. Seeing the actual pond would have been great as that would really fit the theme but..its done now.:smashin:
Congratulation's and well done for entering

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom