About to get a 360 - Can I...?

Billy C

Novice Member
Can i use the subsription kit i got from a normal Xbox game (unused) and use that for the 360 to go live and play other gamers?

Have read a few posts but not entirely sure on the matter.

Does anyone have any tips on how to get it cheap? I've seen a few posts mentioning getting a game with the live service free - is that the 12 months gold service??

Cheers

Will

PlexShaw

Billy C said:
Can i use the subsription kit i got from a normal Xbox game (unused) and use that for the 360 to go live and play other gamers?
Do you mean subscription kit as in those ones that come with either PGR2, Pro Evo 5, Halo 2 etc (like this)? If it's any use to you, I purchased the PGR2 Xbox Live Starter Kit (complete with headset for the original Xbox) for £25 and used the 12 month sub code to renew my Xbox Live subscription on my 360 for another year. It fact, the packaging actually stated that it was 360 compatible.

I then sold PGR2 and the headset (which was useless to me anyway) on eBay.

GaryMo

I also used an original Xbox Live package which came complete with PES5, headset and 12 months Live which added another 12 months to my 360 Live experience :)

Indiana Jones

Same here, got the PGR2 Kit for £19.99 just after xmas then sold the game and headset for £10 on here so ended up with a years sub for only a tenner :thumbsup:

C225

Same here got one of the starter sets for 19.97 from currys. still had plenty left where i am so try there.

redmarkred

Billy C said:

Have read a few posts but not entirely sure on the matter.

Does anyone have any tips on how to get it cheap? I've seen a few posts mentioning getting a game with the live service free - is that the 12 months gold service??

Cheers

Will
You sure can :thumbsup:

Lateralus

Novice Member
C225 said:
Same here got one of the starter sets for 19.97 from currys. still had plenty left where i am so try there.
haha i work in currys and i dint even know about that. xD . mines nearly run out aswell, i'll have a look

daveb975

C225 said:
Will this give 12 months 'gold' membership for the 360?

C225

daveb975 said:
Will this give 12 months 'gold' membership for the 360?
Sure will i now have gold membership til end of july 2007 for 20 quid whatch out though as some stores have caught on to it now and put the price back up to 40 just pick up a box and take it to the till and ask what the price is.

blicky_1

Yep can also confirm this works with the £19.99 PG2 boxset, also sold the headset and the game for £15 on ebay making it £4.99 for a 12-month sub!!:thumbsup: