• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

about to buy Canon MVX460...good move (or not?)

stevie-g

Standard Member
Hi to everyone
just trying to get a bit of info. I have a Sony HC18 E at present and find it produces decent video - even in low(ish) light. It only has 10x optical zoom tho' and I'm looking for something a little more powerful.
i've trawled the internet for reviews etc and all the decent camcorders with a 2.7" lcd for true 16:9 shooting, and 20x plus optical zoom seem to be either 10x or 12x optical zoom.
I think the Canon MVX460 best suits my criteria, but have read that there is possibly a problem with motor noise and it may not be very good in low light. I am going to Florida soon and would like to shoot footage of fireworks. Any advice on my choice would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers!

redsox_mark

Distinguished Member

stevie-g

Standard Member
Many thanks for your respected reply. Just checked out the other threads you suggested I look at and now I think I'm prepared to take the plunge.
Thanks once again....will post my opinion on a new thread when I get it!:smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom