• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

About to buy a V10 panny but then I saw the Samsung

prvjoker

Prominent Member
I saw the Samsung UEB7020 in store and was highly impressed with it's HD PQ given the conditions it was operating under. Now I know there is a clouding issue with this series but the PQ has pop like I've not seen anywhere else. My question is why is there no hype for this t.v? Granted the other tv's in Comet ofc are not setup properly etc etc but am I missing something here?

Out of the box the performance was incredible, is this how I could expect a calibrated V10 to perform?

I was so set on the V10 and now I find myself staring at the Samsung UEB7020.

prvjoker

Prominent Member
I think I just found out why:

Samsung have sold not so ready technology in my perspective.

My 55" have heavy clouding.

It's a physical defekt, my screen is almost perfect when cold but when it gets hotter the clouding gets worse.

It's like a light carrier behind the actual LCD-screen bends.

Siochain

Established Member
I think I just found out why:

Samsung have sold not so ready technology in my perspective.

My 55" have heavy clouding.

It's a physical defekt, my screen is almost perfect when cold but when it gets hotter the clouding gets worse.

It's like a light carrier behind the actual LCD-screen bends.
I briefly owned the samsung 7020 edge led,there was mild clouding but I honestly didn't notice the Clouding increase when the screen was on for any length of time. I only returned the set due to finding the auto dimming distracting.

Grumpykev

Established Member
All that glitters is not gold.

The Auto-dimming "feature" is terrible and I also don't like the way this range handles motion. Get the Panasonic - you won't be disappointed.

bladedripper

Distinguished Member
You will not get that sharpness out of the v10,my brother has the 750 and i was well impressed with sd/hd picture and i am normally against lcd.:D

Grumpykev

Established Member
Oh dear...

Siochain

Established Member
No actually I haven't lol. But if the Sammy can look that good, why can't the v10?
That's good,I thought when you said "my 55 has clouding" you owned the sammy and "It's a physical defekt, my screen is almost perfect when cold but when it gets hotter the clouding gets worse". So what lcd are you reffering to:confused:

I Love the pq of the v10. It's not great in sd, but shines in hd. but as peteheg says it's not as sharp as the sammy. Depends what you like I suppose. I personally prefer a natural image over a dare I say it artificially sharper image for everything except gaming

Last edited:

prvjoker

Prominent Member
That's good,I thought when you said "my 55 has clouding" you owned the sammy and "It's a physical defekt, my screen is almost perfect when cold but when it gets hotter the clouding gets worse". So what lcd are you reffering to:confused:

Sorry that was a quote from a Sammy 7020 owner I found on another board.

Yorkshirelion

Prominent Member
I have a V10, I went through 3 7020 before I got the V10.

I wouldn't go back, all three had terrible clouding, the auto dimming can be turned off in the service menu, the TV will look great in the day and will impress everyone you show it to.

However once it is dark and you are watching a dark film, you wouldn't show them again as it is a shocker, a massive case of style over substance.

Siochain

Established Member
You're right, of course, but I can already hear the pitchforks being sharpened.
you may be right, but perhaps only if I had posted in the lcd section:D.
how's your v10 toodeep, the girlfriend bought a 50v10, spend more time looking at the panny than my kuro. The V10's an excellent tv.:)

Last edited:

toodeep

Prominent Member
how's your v10 toodeep, the girlfriend bought a 50v10, spend more time looking at the panny than my kuro. The V10's an excellent tv.:)

As it happens I bought my 50V10 to replace a Kuro that I was unhappy with. I am very happy with the V10, except for the poorly functioning media player. I prefer the more 'analogue' image, perhaps because I used to shoot film.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom