About to Bite The Bullet... Also Need an HDMI and Optical Combiners!

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by happyhomer, Feb 2, 2009.

1. happyhomer

happyhomer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +82
    Well, after much deliberation over the last couple of years I reckon I'm finally going to get Sky HD. At the moment I've got a CRT and an HD Ready projector, so I'm planning on using SCART to the TV and HDMI to the PJ. I've currently got a Panasonic EX75 DVD player connected, so I need a 2-in/1-out HDMI combiner and wondered if anybody had any recommendations? I'm sure that at some point in the future I'll get an HD TV, so I wondered is it worth getting a 2-in/2-out box now, or is it worth saving the £££ now and adding a 1-in/2-out box when I need it (I would only be watching 1 display at a time, so hopefully I won't need to spend too much).

Also, can anybody recommend an optical combiner for the audio as my amp's a 10m run from where the Sky box will go, and there's no room for any more cables!

Many thanks!

2. SHATNERSTACTIC

SHATNERSTACTIC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +590
    Try seraching for HDMI (and Optical) switch (this is what you're describing I think), they've been mentioned on here a few times before. Prices range from £10 to £100+ IIRC :smashin: