About iPhone 3G Dual SIM card adapter in UK

Waddle

Standard Member
Traveling to UK and thinking of getting a dual sim adapter to use with my iPhone while in UK

I am wondering whether this bypasses Apple's carrier exclusivity settings and how efficient is the Divert function ?

Any Feedback?

Last edited by a moderator:

ROBIN50N

i reckon another new member will be along to help you very soon.

hutch

Distinguished Member
No dual sim adaptor will bypass the fact that the iPhone is locked to one carrier

JohnWB

No dual sim adaptor will bypass the fact that the iPhone is locked to one carrier

But do you know if will it work on an unlocked Iphone. Mine is unlocked & it would be great to be able to switch carries without having to swop sims.

hutch

Distinguished Member
From what I have heard all of these dual sim adaptors are notoriously unreliable, I wouldnt be wasting my money on one thats for sure.

psychopomp1

As i frequently yo yo between Libya and UK, I would love to have a dual SIM card adaptor on my unlocked 3GS, because the rebel serpent case i use covers the SIM card opening and taking off and putting back on the rebel case is an absolute b*tch as it loosens the case over time. So would like to get feedback from people who are successfully using a dual sim adaptor on their 3GS. Not too bothered about cost as long as it works reliably. Perhaps something like this:

Apple Iphone 3Gs Mobile Phone Accessories, Charger, Battery, Case, Handsfree, Dual SIM, UK
(half way down)

AndyW823

Standard Member
Im also interested in one of these so any more info would be great. I have looked at the one in the link above but does it allow 3g sims??

williamus

Not tried one in my iphone but I used in one in a succession of SIM free Motos up to and including the 2G V8. I used one for work and one for home with the work number forwarded to the home number so all the calls came through on the same one. As earlier poster said they were a bit unreliable but the convenience was worth the occaisional freeze and reboot.

However when I got the 3G Moto V9 it refused to work and crashed the phone. It took several attempts to reboot successfully. I assumed it was something to do with the 3G or maybe a combination of 3G and 2G SIMs. Either way I decided not to bother with trying it with the iPhone.

Having said that, the adapters are only about £10 and if it doesn't work it's not the end of the world. The early ones worked by switching the phone on and off but the later ones put an extra menu (on games/apps I think) and you could just switch to make calls on the network of your choice. The most tricky bit is cutting the SIM cards down to fit in the adapter. Advisable to do this before trip to the pub :D)

Dubster

Wouldnt bother tbh as most ive tried never work successfully over the 3g network and even ones that meant to work over gsm are very unreliable.
I even went mad recently spent near £40 on one for my nok 5800 which supposedly worked over 3g and even hspda.Did it work of course not :thumbsdow
Total rubbish :mad:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom